Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Camera Position

DeadlyShadow

Hi Warframe team, I came up with this thread again, I was wondering if you guys could re-position the camera to allow players to have a wider FOV, that way the character covers less of the screen and we can see more targets, or maybe add a FOV option for the upcoming update, in the menu so we can config. it as we want

This is how it looks:

Evolution0026_zps02ac3789.png

And this is how it should look:

Evolution0023_zpsafbf6f25.png

That's all

Thanks in advice and keep up the great work!!!

A couple days back my camera bugged into this exact position for one mission. The non-aiming default view was pulled back as well (so you could almost see his feet).

It was pretty cool actually, and I honestly thought it was an updated fix for the camera position - as it solved the problem of your characters body obstructing deep-aim when crouched while moving. I would have taken screencaps had I know it was just bugged for that mission; would be nice to have the option to choose between a close or further 3rd person view.

A couple days back my camera bugged into this exact position for one mission. The non-aiming default view was pulled back as well (so you could almost see his feet).

It was pretty cool actually, and I honestly thought it was an updated fix for the camera position - as it solved the problem of your characters body obstructing deep-aim when crouched while moving. I would have taken screencaps had I know it was just bugged for that mission; would be nice to have the option to choose between a close or further 3rd person view.

I hope they take this seriously, i've been posting the same since beta started las year -__-u

I hope so as well. While I don't have major issues with the camera system, sometimes trying to shoot with my elbow covering my FOV is.....difficult.

I also know that this issue is preventing some of my friends from playing the game as well. One of them is really keen but can't really handle the way the camera follows too closely to the character. Its a motion sickness type thing that he gets.

Methinks an easy fix is to have a 'Camera Position' toggle key between say 3 different settings, where the default is the current setup and the second and third options zoom out just a little bit more.

EDIT: Definitely NO FPS view, IMHO at least.

Edited by McGuffin

I would much rather have an option for an FPS view type of thing. The only thing I really need to see my character for is to ensure what's hitting me isn't coming from behind. Other than that I find my character serves no purpose other than to obstruct my view.

I would much rather have an option for an FPS view type of thing. The only thing I really need to see my character for is to ensure what's hitting me isn't coming from behind. Other than that I find my character serves no purpose other than to obstruct my view.

I think pulling off fast paced melee combat, dodge rolls and general acrobatics requires a perspective that makes an FPS view quite detrimental, I'm still not convinced its worth the effort putting in. Sure for some situations it would be great, but fighting Infested in FPS view for example would be a nightmare.

Having a toggle is a compromise, but then you'd be constantly switching views based on whats happening in any given moment. The camera distance / FOV option the OP (and myself) suggest above is more of a 'set and forget' solution.

I started a thread similar to this a couple of days ago. Happy to see what appears to be the majority in agreement. That second screenshot is exactly the kind of example of what I was trying to get at - currently if I run to the right and try and shoot straight ahead while doing it, whatever is behind my crosshair is completely obstructed by my Frame's head/shoulders, which totally bites wehn headshots are so important.

Please devs?

I think pulling off fast paced melee combat, dodge rolls and general acrobatics requires a perspective that makes an FPS view quite detrimental, I'm still not convinced its worth the effort putting in. Sure for some situations it would be great, but fighting Infested in FPS view for example would be a nightmare.

Having a toggle is a compromise, but then you'd be constantly switching views based on whats happening in any given moment. The camera distance / FOV option the OP (and myself) suggest above is more of a 'set and forget' solution.

If people insist on not having an FPS option then at least add something that draws the outline of enemies your character is blocking so you can shoot accurately. Maybe kind of like on Age of Empires when units were obscured behind things there was an outline of them. I had to either move to a less advantagous position or just fire in the general direction of enemies a number of times in JUST my last mission. The camera gets moved closer to my Loki's huge head when I get close to something and his head just obscures everything.

If people insist on not having an FPS option then at least add something that draws the outline of enemies your character is blocking so you can shoot accurately. Maybe kind of like on Age of Empires when units were obscured behind things there was an outline of them. I had to either move to a less advantagous position or just fire in the general direction of enemies a number of times in JUST my last mission. The camera gets moved closer to my Loki's huge head when I get close to something and his head just obscures everything.

Oh this is a good solution too :D Great idea!

And I'm not against FPS view strictly speaking. I just don't think its a good fit for this game, that's all.

• 2 weeks later...

I know the last patch fixed the original issue of your character's body getting in view while deep aiming, but I still think it would be great to have a choice for camera distance, even if it's just for personal preference.

My camera bugged into this postion again last night, and this time I took screencaps!

Non-aiming default view:

http://imageshack.us/a/img41/9963/wfview001.jpg

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7321/wfview002.jpg

Deep-aim:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9386/wfview003.jpg

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8228/wfview004.jpg

Crouch deep-aim:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/376/wfview005.jpg

Edited by megazomb

I started a thread similar to this a couple of days ago. Happy to see what appears to be the majority in agreement. That second screenshot is exactly the kind of example of what I was trying to get at - currently if I run to the right and try and shoot straight ahead while doing it, whatever is behind my crosshair is completely obstructed by my Frame's head/shoulders, which totally bites wehn headshots are so important.

Please devs?

Please devs?

Yeah, actually this is like the 4th time I open this thread lol

Or maybe toggle to ironsights like in Ghost recon Furure Soldier