The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confused about Saryn

Gazadriel

I have read some stuff about Saryn abilities but im not sure if I understand everything clearly(maybe im just stupid?). 

What I want to know:

1. Spore popped on Molt from a melee weapon with Gas elemental(i dont know if I should write proc instead elemental) will spread Toxin dmg on enemies?

2. What is the difference when i destroy Spore(on Molt and on Enemy) with Toxic Lash and without?

3. When Spore(on Molt) is popped by a weapon with 100% status chance will it spread Toxic status to everyone?

4. When I pop Spore by slam attack while using Mire will it spread Toxic status?

5. Proc = status?

6. Slam attack have elem dmg(and status chance) just like normal attack

7. When Toxic dmg is spread by Spores how much of Toxic dmg is dealt to new enemies?

8. What is needed to spread Toxic to other enemies:

a: Spore have to be popped with 100%(or less but need to be triggered) status chance 

b: Enemy on which Spores are need to be on Toxic status when the Spores are popped

I know that some questions are just stupid comparing to the others but i just wrote some of stuff that are not clear to me

No you are not stupid dont worry ^.^ 

Spores can be proc to spread on different target when you hit the target or something is hitting your molt with spores on it.

8- Dammaging the enemy works perfectly ^.^ affected by range mods

if you want to try a funny build i use this one with somme little tweek on attack speed

Edited by trunks013

1. no

2. on molt - none. on enemy - spores will burst for additional viral damage and spread percentage of a toxin proc in a radius.

3. no

4. yes, from enemy. not from molt. but it has to proc Toxin.

5. kinda

6. yes

7. check up values on wiki and multiply on your power str

8. b

1. If a spore is popped on molt, regardless of the weapon used or the elemental damage on it, all enemies in spreading range will take viral damage and have a viral status effect applied.
  2. If you attack a spore infected molt with your melee weapon when toxic lash is active, you are guaranteed to pop a spore, but you won't spread a toxin proc.
  3. No, it spreads viral status (see 1).
  4. No, popping spores by whatever method will spread viral status.
  5. Basically, yes. More pedantically, a proc is the act of afflicting the target with a status effect.
  6. Check the details for the individual weapon on the Wiki, some weapons apply special status effects on slam.
  7. Toxin status is only spread by popping spores if the target already had a toxin effect when the spore was popped, in addition to the viral status that popping the spore would normally spread. The Wiki has the damage calculation.
  8. The easiest way is to hit an enemy (not molt) afflicted by spores with your melee weapon when toxic lash is active. As status effects are applied before damage is dealt, toxic lash will apply a toxin status which popping the spore will then spread to all surrounding enemies. A good way to do this at range is to use a thrown melee weapon like the Glaive or a gunblade like the Redeemer.