The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game crashes FAR TOO MANY TIMES

conflocco

Hi, I've been playing warframe since october 2015, and i've noticed that in the last 6 months the situation went down really really fast. Initially my game was playing fine, even after long session (like 5-6 hours or so), but as i continued playing this game started to crash too much frequently. Right now i can't even be sure to even end a capture mission on earth or uranus because most of the time the game decides to freeze at random points for random reasons (the game is still playing in the back, i can hear sounds and stuff but the only image i see is the one i'm freezed at). Also even on 20-30 minutes gameplay warframe wants to crash just in the worst point possible (ive just crashed on a 30 minutes excavation without getting any rewards, so i'm a little bit upset). I've done everything possible, my pc is perfectly clean, ive done a clean installation 4 times of w10 (ofc formatting), ive updated my drivers every time, disabled any sort of option (like sound reverb, 64bit mode, disabled full screen, lower settings) BUT NOTHINGS WORKS AT ALL. At this point it's definitely your fault DE, and i am pretty sure about it. If you can suggest anything to help me, i'll be sure to give you all of the information you need. For now i'll leave my specs, in hope that someone can help me at all.

CPU: AMD athlon X4 860K 3,7 GHZ     GPU: ASUS R7 260X OC    RAM: 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz     MB: MSI A78M-E35

Thank you in advance,

A desperate Tenno.

Edited by conflocco

It sounds like your graphics card/graphics card driver is crashing.

I don't remember seeing reports of Warframe crashing on AMD graphics cards recently, but i have had plenty of experience with Warframe crashing my gtx 770. But in your case there are a few possible things to try.

13 hours ago, conflocco said:

i've noticed that in the last 6 months the situation went down really really fast. Initially my game was playing fine, even after long session (like 5-6 hours or so), but as i continued playing this game started to crash too much frequently. Right now i can't even be sure to even end a capture mission on earth or uranus because most of the time the game decides to freeze at random points

Based on this i would say that this sounds like your graphics card overclock (including factory overclock) might be getting unstable. So something to try would be to reduce the clock speed of your graphics card and see if it makes it more stable, but that will also reduce performance. If that doesn't work you can always change it back.

13 hours ago, conflocco said:

my pc is perfectly clean

Is it physically clean (of dust)? Because heat might be your issue.