Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember prime: keep or sell?

spatakiller123

Question

Title pretty much sums it up. I know selling her after everything revalults will earn me a nice penny. I kinda want to build and try out her primed variant but I never used ember before and when I did some...research I found that the opinion on ember is pretty mixed...

So, is ember prime actually good or is she just a free plat voucher?

13 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, spatakiller123 said:

Title pretty much sums it up. I know selling her after everything revalults will earn me a nice penny. I kinda want to build and try out her primed variant but I never used ember before and when I did some...research I found that the opinion on ember is pretty mixed...

Just get another set.

2 hours ago, spatakiller123 said:

build it , its powerful

The good idea so far is to try and farm a 2nd one while you build and play the non-Prime and see if you even like her. 

Stat Wise she's barely better than the non-Prime. 

Looks wise is totally personal preference, I remember that when I built the Prime I sold the non because why have both and then discovered that I actually preferred the look of the non. But again, personal preference. 

If you like playing the Non then you'll like the Prime, if not then still not.

Non-Prime can still wreck low level content exactly the same as the Prime so no change there, and really what is the point in optimizing for the slaughter of low levels mobs that pose no real threat anyhow?! There's plenty of Frames and Weapons that can do that, no need to build an Ember Prime just to do that.

So anyhow, if you find you like playing Ember and can manage to farm to sets of the Prime you could then have one for you and one to sell for some nice plats down the line.

And if you don't really like her than you'd still have sets and parts to sell for plat.

Prime, don't Prime, it's really personal preference. They do the same thing and most of the difference is cosmetic really.

Cheers and Happy Hunting er... Burninating! 
~R~ 

Not worth selling unless you've already got one.  If you've got dreams of selling a set for 1500p like it was last July, that's never going to happen again.  Two things have changed.  First, we now know that everything in the vault will be back at some point, probably within a year.  Second, there will still be plenty of relics floating around months in people's inventories from now so rare parts will keep popping up.  

Ember is great for speed runs in exterminates especially on lower leveled missions. Her WoF takes care of a lot of trash mobs so you can focus on higher priority targets. Generally I would recommend building her for the mastery but if it doesn't matter to you, you might as well sell her if you don't like her.