Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which is the better Riven?

(PSN)Brexican

Question

So I have 2 Riven mods for Quanta at the moment and can't decide which is better.

1st Riven is +33% clip capacity, +62% heat damage, and +32% damage to corpus. I typically build Quanta with heat and magnetic, for corpus. Clip is 120 which is better for using alt fire cubes.

2nd Riven is +80% toxic and +140% damage. More damage but forces a shift in my element choices and not as utilitary as the 1st one's clip size.

Damage stat wise the 1st Riven is only about 2/3 of the 2nd Riven.

So what should I keep?

Edited by (PS4)Brexican

7 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

Why not just straight toxin ?

Because shields take extra damage from magnetic and robotics have resistance towards toxin damage. Even with both toxin mods you're gonna burn trough a MOA shield on a weapon modded for elemental damage. Against crewmen toxin is defying element as it kills them way before their shields are done. Also we are talking of a electricity-based weapon so by the very least you're going to need that cold mod before getting toxin damage out vs corpus. Magnetic+toxin is strictly better on a weapon than pure toxin.

Lately I've shifted more towards using > Radiation and Toxin <or> Gas and Electricity < with high status. 

Radiation works great against the robotics while the Toxin works on the human type peoples. 

Flip that around and the Gas with its Toxin proc works great on the people and the Electricity handles the robots and shields.

Radiation -25% vs Shields, +25% vs Robots 
Toxin*        bypasses Shields, -25% vs Robots, +50% vs Flesh

Electricity  +50% vs Robotics, no weakness 

*high status Gas is all about the Toxin proc so while the Gas itself is weak against Flesh the Toxin proc is strong.

So for me this has worked well so far to cover both types of enemies we see with the Corpus. It seems that we're seeing more and more robotics hit the field lately  and the main human threat from Corpus is the Nullifier and that is more about Rate of Fire and/or going into the Bubble than what type of damage you're hitting it with.

And then regarding which Riven? I expect the 2nd is better overall and actually makes the weapon stronger again other enemies besides the Corpus as well!

Cheers.
~R~