The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

"Power E" not working at all

(PSN)NotVeryZenGaming

Hello,

I'm a PS4 player and I'm experiencing a frustrating glitch after completing TWW quest.

I've bound my "Power E" (focus) to swiping up on my touch pad. During TWW it was replaced by the "transference" ability. 
After completing TWW "power E" now does nothing. I tried re-binding it to other buttons and even experimenting with having "invert tap/hold abilities" on or off (this worked for some people on a few forums I looked up) but it's still not working. 

Finally, I was spamming the button in a mission and a team mate ran past me as I was pressing my power E button and Warframe activated the "show profile" command, blacking out my screen and showing the players info. This confuses me even more, I'm not even sure this is a hotkey-able ability, let alone not being "power E" as it says it is in my controller map. 

Also, while doing a Kuva siphon mission the command "press <activate_ability_4> to use transference" superimposed on my screen. Activating my "4th ability" didn't make my transference work. I also cannot find this command in my options, given that all my powers are named with letters, not numbers.

In summary: 
- I cannot use transference 
- I cannot use focus

P.S. is there a way "transference" and "focus" can be bound to different buttons/commands? I.E. I would much rather swiping right on my touch pad to use transference and swiping left to use focus. In this case, Power E = focus. While a new "Power F" = transference.

P.P.S. an even better solution to this would be: if your focus meter is at 100% Power E will activate your focus, if your focus meter is between 1-99% Power E should activate transference. 

I'm fairly new to posting in the Warframe forums, so please, if there's a better place for me to post this, let me know.

I'm open to comments, suggestions or workarounds if anyone else has run into the same problem. I would also love to hear if anyone can figure out how "Power E" became "Show Profile" in my button mapping. Finally, please help me get this problem seen by DE. I feel my "P.P.S." suggestion (see above) is very logical and would make a lot of sense out of this new mechanic.

Thank you for helping me with this.

Lots of people having this issue, we need a power f option to assign to the controller in the configuration menu. Idealy we need transference power f and focus as power e . My temporary workaround is have power e as swipe up which i use for tranference and i had to assign the power menu to the d pad i can now hold the dpad to open the power menu and hold L1 to activate focus, it's not perfect but works 8/10 times. As i said earlier would be much better if they gave us a power F option, or give focus activation priority over transference so if the focus bars full it will automatilly trigger whenever power e is used and when it's not full transference takes over power e. Hope they fix it soon few people in my clan very upset over this and its ruined an otherwise awesome update for some.  

THANK YOU Basilisk69!!!

Binding power E to a power menu has worked-around this mind-boggling glitch for me (for now). In the power menu tapping now activates focus and holding activates transference!

Honestly the power menu was going to be the next thing I tried. I'm reluctant on it because I have all my powers on the D-pad and am not a fan of the power menu. But if I must, I must. Thank you again for your work around!

It's still insanely odd that outside of the power menu my power E became "show player info" when tapped and "activate selected power" (as in the 4 warframe powers) when held.

So for now, my problem has been worked-around, however, feel free to keep this thread open for any more info on the subject. I would still prefer for DE to release a patch that makes power E activate focus at 100% charge and transference the rest of the time with just a tap outside of the power menu. If this thread gets enough posts maybe DE will see this and it'll be a reality.

Thank you.

Edited by (PS4)zenicpyro