Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem with shadows

Cloverdew

Question

Hello fellow tenno :)

Recently i bought new PC and i mention problem with shadows on warframes and objects. Shadows now with stripes, tearing and fuzzy (on warframe looks like in low resolution).

All graphic settings set to HIgh.

System: GeForce GTX 1060, 8gb ram, i5-6400, Win 10. Not overclocked. All drivers up to date.

Example

Stripes on Operator's shadow

6kQuU5g.png

Shadows from objects

EDaUbws.png

Shadow from warframe

mNpkYE6.png LCcp7az.png

Any idea how to fix that?

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Cloverdew said:

So, i have run Warframe on built in Intel GPU and shadows looks fine, but performance of game is very low. Next, i call my friend and we replace GTX 1060 with AMD Radeon rx 480. That shadow bug appear with amd card too! Testing on reinstalled Warframe client.

Well, looks like problem somewhere else... 

Do the shadows look broken in other games too? Because it could be something else other than gpu/cpu related problem. Otherwise If it runs fine with the Intel gpu then all I can say is that you might have a bad pci-e slot which,  Although rare it can happen during manufacturing. you can try and use a different pci-e slot and check if it still does that problem. What motherboard are you using? Oh and before I forget, turn off ambient occlusion. Nvidia has had a lot of problems with that since the gtx680. 

Edited by Alex9-3-9

3 minutes ago, Cloverdew said:

Reinstalled twice, but not help :sad:

You have a cpu with a built in GPU right? Take out the GTX1060 and use the built in GPU and see if the problem still persists. If it does then I have no Idea, if it does not however It is probably a problem with your Graphics card and you will need to replace it.

Before you do that try it in other games. If it does not appear in other games then its a corrupted Warframe installation.

Edited by Alex9-3-9

6 minutes ago, Alex9-3-9 said:

You have a cpu with a built in GPU right? Take out the GTX1060 and use the built in GPU and see if the problem still persists. If it does then I have no Idea, if it does not however It is probably a problem with your Graphics card and you will need to replace it.

Before you do that try it in other games. If it does not appear in other games then its a corrupted Warframe installation.

Thanks, i will try it

1 hour ago, Alex9-3-9 said:

So, i have run Warframe on built in Intel GPU and shadows looks fine, but performance of game is very low. Next, i call my friend and we replace GTX 1060 with AMD Radeon rx 480. That shadow bug appear with amd card too! Testing on reinstalled Warframe client.

Well, looks like problem somewhere else... 

3 hours ago, Alex9-3-9 said:

Do the shadows look broken in other games too? Because it could be something else other than gpu/cpu related problem. Otherwise If it runs fine with the Intel gpu then all I can say is that you might have a bad pci-e slot which,  Although rare it can happen during manufacturing. you can try and use a different pci-e slot and check if it still does that problem. What motherboard are you using? Oh and before I forget, turn off ambient occlusion. Nvidia has had a lot of problems with that since the gtx680. 

Yep, in Borderlands 2 and Skyrim same problem, but in BL 2 bug is difficult to detect, in Skyrim shadows just ripped. My motherboard is https://msi.com/Motherboard/H110M-PRO-VD.html#hero-overview . I turned off ambient occlusion when i noticed that problem, but solved with only disabling all shadows in game...

Thank you for your support Alex9-3-9. looks like i need to save up credits for new motherboard from now :credits:.