Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The mystery of the abandoned station (IC-Open), (Possibly 18+, I won't stop you directly)

Sharpstriker

25 minutes ago, (PS4)emccann115 said:

Ember engages both the Odonata energy shell and disarray protocols and retreats to a safe distance to fly around searching for a less defended area

From what you can tell, it's all equally defended, and though you don't know for certain, you're sure there's a mix of long, mid, and short range defenses.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)emccann115 said:

{all out assault it is then} ember rushes forward activating energy shell and seeking fire then begins to fire upon a turret "ordis scan for structural weaknesses"

Ordis: "operator you're going to need to get within a kilometer before I can perform a detailed analysis."

11 hours ago, (PS4)emccann115 said:

Ember begins to close the distance while firing at any incoming threats

As you make your way through the barrages with explosions that dwarfed your energy shield and sometimes caused you to feel knockback from the force. Ordis announces a discovery of importance: "operator, this first level of defenses can be broken down into two categories, direct hit, and timed burst. It also seems these canons were programmed with the most effective use for these. Having the direct hit catch your attention with how powerful they are, allowing the timed burst to sneak past your defenses and detonate."

On 3/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, (PS4)LastDoomKnight said:

"Well, would ya look at that. Let's get it!" Adriax extended his hand to the rhino, energizing him, and then energized himself. Before charging to the beast, The Volt Prime tried to make sure it would be downed temporarily. 

As it sees you go for the kill, it tries to retaliate with a tentacle going right for the throat. However, another spasm sets in and the tentacle flies off course right above your head by a small margin.

16 hours ago, hellsing320 said:

"Ordis thanks for the help man, hey flesh thing," I shouted as I followed it up into the vent "Do you happen to know what's going on around here"

16 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"OUR MASTER CAN EXPLAIN. SWIFTLY NOW!" The beast disappeared into the darkness of the vent.

The troops follow not too far behind and are able to grasp your general route. 

On 3/10/2017 at 10:51 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

"What in the void are you...?" Kapak whispered, "The infested isn't something you can just toy with. Do you even know what happened when the Orokin first tried to wield it as a weapon??"

Dr: "orokin, orokin, where have I heard that name before. Well it's slipped my mind for now. From the way you've acted towards my experiments, I assume they're different to your "infested", possibly an upgrade, either way, what they ultimately do is of no concern to me as they are under our lords power. Also, to answer your question about what am I, I'm a being from a now dead species reborn into a new body. Is your curiousity satisfied?"

17 hours ago, Sharpstriker said:

As you make your way through the barrages with explosions that dwarfed your energy shield and sometimes caused you to feel knockback from the force. Ordis announces a discovery of importance: "operator, this first level of defenses can be broken down into two categories, direct hit, and timed burst. It also seems these canons were programmed with the most effective use for these. Having the direct hit catch your attention with how powerful they are, allowing the timed burst to sneak past your defenses and detonate."

Ember unsure which to prioritise "ordis can you highlight the priority targets?"

45 minutes ago, (PS4)emccann115 said:

Ember unsure which to prioritise "ordis can you highlight the priority targets?"

Ordis: "unfortunately both projectiles move fast enough to where once they've entered the radius in which I can identify them,  then send the information to you, there won't be enough time for you to do much. If I might make a suggestion, use your rockets to destroy them, and don't worry, I'll target, and you fire. You do have enough energy restores right?"

18 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

Ordis: "unfortunately both projectiles move fast enough to where once they've entered the radius in which I can identify them,  then send the information to you, there won't be enough time for you to do much. If I might make a suggestion, use your rockets to destroy them, and don't worry, I'll target, and you fire. You do have enough energy restores right?"

"Let's hope so" ember replies while following ordis' plan hoping the 6 energy restores she brought is enough 

On 3/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, (PS4)LastDoomKnight said:

"Well, would ya look at that. Let's get it!" Adriax extended his hand to the rhino, energizing him, and then energized himself. Before charging to the beast, The Volt Prime tried to make sure it would be downed temporarily. 

45 minutes ago, MarkCT3312 said:

Rhino Charges at the spasming beast to kill it once and for all,but something feels wrong to him.

"Be careful Adriax! It might have a trick up it's sleave!"

((I assume you attacked the head))

As you destroy the head, it explodes sending the two of you upwards, causing you to hit the ceiling and then fall to the ground.

Zeph approaches the station thinking to himself "Whatever lived in here certainly wasn't attacked and defeated by outside sources" as he notices the number of still active defensive systems. As he searches for a possible opening he notices an Ember in her archwing and boosts over to assist while activating energy shell and readying his grattler flak cannon in case he entered the firing range of any potentially long range cannons. 

16 minutes ago, Zephyrinius_ said:

Zeph approaches the station thinking to himself "Whatever lived in here certainly wasn't attacked and defeated by outside sources" as he notices the number of still active defensive systems. As he searches for a possible opening he notices an Ember in her archwing and boosts over to assist while activating energy shell and readying his grattler flak cannon in case he entered the firing range of any potentially long range cannons. 

Ember notices the new Tenno [thank the void] "ordis can you patch me through to Tenno and Send him the bit of data we have acquire?"

16 minutes ago, (PS4)emccann115 said:

Ember notices the new Tenno [thank the void] "ordis can you patch me through to Tenno and Send him the bit of data we have acquire?"

"So it's also very well thought out and tactical defence system and not just a large number, well that makes things even more difficult, I have an idea, it's a little risky though. Try combining our rockets with our arch guns to take out the turrets in a small enough area around a potential opening. It requires us getting close enough for the turrets to fire back but energy shell should keep us safe hopefully, just need to be mindful of the surrounding area." Zeph then drops a couple energy restores topping off his and Embers energy while asking "Ordis, any way you can find a possible entrance if we took out a few cannons?"

5 minutes ago, Zephyrinius_ said:

"So it's also very well thought out and tactical defence system and not just a large number, well that makes things even more difficult, I have an idea, it's a little risky though. Try combining our rockets with our arch guns to take out the turrets in a small enough area around a potential opening. It requires us getting close enough for the turrets to fire back but energy shell should keep us safe hopefully, just need to be mindful of the surrounding area." Zeph then drops a couple energy restores topping off his and Embers energy while asking "Ordis, any way you can find a possible entrance if we took out a few cannons?"

Ordis: "you're talking about a pretty tall order, though there are many entrances littered throughout this station."

9 minutes ago, Zephyrinius_ said:

"Good plan. I'll follow your lead" 

10 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

Ordis: "you're talking about a pretty tall order, though there are many entrances littered throughout this station."

"Which one is the closest Ordis? And how big an area of turrets need to be cleared before we can gain a somewhat safe entry?"

6 minutes ago, (PS4)emccann115 said:

"Good plan. I'll follow your lead" 

"Alright, just stay close enough so as soon as we have an entrance we can take it but keep enough distance so as to try and spread their attacks out and not to collide with each other"

Zeph takes a moment to gaze upon the station and once more thinks "What could have possibly happened here and what it is the purpose of a station this big? Either way hopefully I'll live to tell the tale"

3 minutes ago, Zephyrinius_ said:

"Which one is the closest Ordis? And how big an area of turrets need to be cleared before we can gain a somewhat safe entry?"

"Alright, just stay close enough so as soon as we have an entrance we can take it but keep enough distance so as to try and spread their attacks out and not to collide with each other"

Zeph takes a moment to gaze upon the station and once more thinks "What could have possibly happened here and what it is the purpose of a station this big? Either way hopefully I'll live to tell the tale"

Ordis: "Well first things first, let's get closer, we're still a good 9km out.

8 minutes ago, Zephyrinius_ said:

Embers moves in closer to zeph redeployed her energy shield 

Just now, Sharpstriker said:

Ordis: "Well first things first, let's get closer, we're still a good 9km out.

"How close is close enough without being blown to pieces? Well I'm about to find out." Zeph activates energy shell and begins to fly closer Grattler at the ready to attempt defending against any incoming fire. "Just let us know when we're close enough Ordis"

6 minutes ago, (PS4)emccann115 said:

He turns to find Ember moving with him shield also up and says "things are definitely about to get loud"

8 minutes ago, Zephyrinius_ said:

31 minutes ago, Zephyrinius_ said:

"How close is close enough without being blown to pieces? Well I'm about to find out." Zeph activates energy shell and begins to fly closer Grattler at the ready to attempt defending against any incoming fire. "Just let us know when we're close enough Ordis"

He turns to find Ember moving with him shield also up and says "things are definitely about to get loud"

As the two of you pass the 8km mark, the direct hit projectiles stop firing from what you can tell. 

However, something replaces it in the form of rockets. From what you can tell. 28 rockets from what seems like seven locations fly at you.