The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Frame rate issues, game freeze, slow load and more.

Danzen00

Been having frame rate drops, game keeps freezing which causes me to also LOSE MY RELICS, and incredibly slow load into in-game mission. Normally, this only happens if there is a lot going on in the game, like Warframe abilities and particles flying all over the place. However, my laptop still performs well despite all this. But recently, after a certain update post-War Within (I am not sure which update it is), I have been experiencing extreme frame rate drops and game freeze. It is absolutely frustrating to play in this condition. Alongside this frame rate issue, the in-game textures take longer than usual to completely render, happening inside the liset, Tenno relay, dojo, and worse, missions.

My graphics settings are usually set at its highest, turning off only color correction and particles. Lately, even at a lower setting and turning off the anti-alias, it still doesn't help.

So my question is, what the hell is going on? My laptop is still doing fine, only nearly 2 years old and I have been playing this game with no frame rate issues for a long time.

My laptop is ASUS A55L, Intel core i5-5200U, 8gb RAM. I'm not that savvy with computers and IT tech, so I may miss out some specs here.

Edited by Danzen00
Grammar typo.

same here. When i host a game and join with squads or random solo mission its take a long time 3 ~ 4 minutes. Im tried reinstall game, verify downloads, optimize, update and reinstall VGA driver but not things change :(. My laptop like u and i have times with drop fps and stutter, but when i defrag my HDD its gone :)) i suggest Smart Defrag 5 and try your luck !!

I had the same issue after the War Within Update, but it turned out that my video card did not like running two monitors on the same card after the update. I had to switch my second monitor over to another video card and everything started improving again.

Edited by Slimgoodie
I went to a public school. I'm still learning English.

From what I can tell, this started from the Ash Deluxe patch(19.1.0) or at least very close to that patch.  
I've mostly been having menu and loading lag, such as selecting very specific weapons causing the game to freeze(Snipetron causes 2sec hitches) or trying to equip no secondary being unresponsive and having to double click extremely rapidly a dozen times. Again all this started for me around patch 19.1.0 and my partner got massive fps drops down to 15-20fps on the same patch.  

I've tried clean installing warframe, optimizing and using older GPU Drivers and none of it has worked so I'm guessing it's from a patch.

Edited by KesslerCOIL