Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I get Arcane items?

__KuroAx

Question

Hey, MR^6 Tenno here, wondering how everyone gets the arcane items that I see so often in trade chat. What are they? Which ones should I look out for the most? My main 3 frames are ivara, ash and nekros (just an fyi for my second question).

4 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, __KuroAx said:

Hey, MR^6 Tenno here, wondering how everyone gets the arcane items that I see so often in trade chat. What are they? Which ones should I look out for the most? My main 3 frames are ivara, ash and nekros (just an fyi for my second question).

You have to do raids, or buy them from the trade channel

I normally use trickery and grace on Ash, and all other frames have grace and guardians. i find them most useful for survivability of a frame

But at the end, it's a matter of preferences

Arcane Trickery for Ash is very nice.

Upon doing a finisher move, you have a 10% chance of going invisible for 20sec. That 10% may not sound like much or seem like it would proc very very often. But Bladestorm strikes, count as Finisher moves which triggers Arcane Trickery much more often than you might think. Ash's stealth damage multiplier also applies to invisibility from Arcane Trickery.

It depends on which kind of arcane items you are seeing.

From what I assume, and what those above are saying, they are Arcane Enhancements. A buff that you can place on any Helmet or Syndana of your choice [Syndanas are a better choice as you'll be able to use that buff on multiple frames rather then one]. There are many different kinds of Arcanes. For the most part you'll want to look through the wiki to find out which Arcanes with synergize with your mains. Do note that once you use an Arcane Enhancement, its bound to that item, much like if you were to forma/potato/exidius/lens a peice of gear. So make your choice carefully.

Alternately there are Pre-existing Arcane Helmets. Now these are discontinued Helmets there were the original versions of the cosmetic helmets. They included small stat changes, generally 5% to 10% changes. Trading one stat for another like corrupted/derelect vault mods. These were only obtainable if you crafted them before helmets were to be purely cosmetic and at this point are very limited. There is very little reason to go after these items unless you are a serious collector or you really REALLY need that 10% buff. Though some of these old arcane helmets can cost much more then a full set of Arcane Enhancements, and for a much smaller buff.