Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinty gain. Is it global, or specific to the item being used?

Renan.Ruivo

So far in the 7 days i've been playing, i was under the impression that i only gain affintiy with a weapon when i actually score a kill with it. So if i oneshot a lancer with a Latron, only the Latron will gain affinity. If i demolish all the HP of Captain Vor with a Strun, but at the last second switch to Aklatos and kill him with them i only gain affinity with the Aklatos.

But now i'm wondering, is that the case? Do i gain global affinity no matter what weapon i'm using? If i go from start to finish killing everyone with my aklatos (pretend i have infinite ammo), do i also gain affinity with my long-gun and my mellee weapon?

Thanks for whatever help and sorry if the question is dumb =)

You gain affinity for the weapon used. Try using one weapon exclusively for the whole mission. You'll see affinity gain for that only. Plus affinity for your warframe, of course. Though I think you might get more warframe affinity if you used frame powers often.

It may have something to do with the white affinity orbs that drop from crates/boxes/whatever those things are. Does anyone know if those white orbs grant affinity for weapons across the board or just for the weapon you happened to be holding at the time? How do those white orbs affect melee weapons in particular, as they are neither considered to be "out" or "holstered" afaik.

I can confirm this , i have just played a full map using nothing but my scindo, i fought the boss with my snipetron and sicarus (dealing around 90% of the overall damage to him with my primary and secondary weapons) delivering the killing blow with my scindo. At the end i only gained affinity for my scindo and warframe .

To be completely safe i haven't picked up any affinity orbs!

Edited by Riki-Oh

I just did the entire first mission in Jupiter (the Infected Sabotage) with nothing but dual skanas (level 12) and a level 21 excalibur prime. I kept my Strun as the active weapon. I melleed EVERYONE (the ancients i just slash dashed). The strun gained A LOT more XP than the aklatos i had as sidearms. So much so that they went from half-full to level up.

Edited by ruivoml

You gain affinity for the weapon used. Try using one weapon exclusively for the whole mission. You'll see affinity gain for that only. Plus affinity for your warframe, of course. Though I think you might get more warframe affinity if you used frame powers often.

Each use of a warframe power nets you ~50xp - you'll see a little popup over you. You also get warframe XP for hacking terminals (50?), picking up artifacts (200!), reviving allies (~100ish), and a few other minor actions.

Also, completing the mission challenges (e.g. Get 10 Headshots, Hack a Terminal, etc.) nets you a nice pile of bonus XP - about 500 from what I've read.

if you play "ONLINE" you gain the same xp as anyone else.

so when you got a guy who only use his sword... you get that sword xp for your sword nomatter which weapon you use

if the other guy only use it pistol... well than you get his pistol xp too

and so on and on...

acutally playing online is a very nice way to level up stuff you dont want to use because of its low level ^^

Edited by Dullheart

Ah, that explains why my affinity goes up like crazy when playing Online. Solo affinity gain seems lacklustre in comparison. Nice way to encourage team play, I suppose.

with friends you can decide that everyone only use a specific weapon so you get overall xp for all your items