Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More Immunities - What Do You Think?

Denvert

As stated in the update and recently tested in a mission, elemental immunities don't exist anymore.

First of all, this appears to me as a heavy nerf on the infested. Especially ancients, which took almost no damage from electrical sources now suffer the full damage. To me, they have become less frightening now, even though they possess a big hp pool and armour. With electrical dealing full damage now, this allows you a decent amount on extra damage on them. This is hard for infested, who only rely on melee and have to get into close range through all the gun fire.

I can see this as a step to make warframes, especially the element based ones, more useful against every type of enemy and balancing everything, but it also takes a bit complexity out of the game. You now don't have to think about enemies resistances, only their weaknesses.

I can also imagine people using up all their mod slots for elemental effects, which narrows creativity in builds. So guns in particular now have 6 slots set with damage, the 4 elements and multishot. This leaves you with 2 slots left you can get creative on. EIther increase damge via crit chance and damage or utility with two of 7 possibilites (stun, fire rate, reload speed, ammo max, mag capacity, zoom, puncture).

What do you guys think about the changes on resistances?

About freaking time.

I hated having to swap mods out constantly because of Infested. Or go into a Corpus/Grineer level and run into Infested then it is "oh great, my guns now have useless mods on them."

Yeah, I can wreck everybody now with vauban, not only corpus. This truely is fun.

Wow, I totally forgot about that. So the community suggested God tier for Vauban is especially true now. 

Brb, Xini runs all night long babyyyyyy.