The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"I am Volt." - Hardest one so far.

SilverBones

I am Volt.

I destroy. Like my brothers and sisters, my targets are the same, but the method of execution is my own. The falling of leaves can be measured in patterns; how a simple breeze can drastically alter the way it falls. Precision. Excellence. I am these things, embodied. There is no place for revenge or hate in the carved destiny I was designed to fulfill.

The Tenno are weapons; living blades and guns, all of them trained to the will of the Lotus and pointed at the traitors and deceivers that would remove us from this system. But unlike my compatriots, I do not ponder as to the end. The pattern is vast and complex. To think upon it is to invite madness and doubt. To avoid the shadows of failure, I focus on my enemy and I reduce them to nothing.

I am the point of the blade – the pulled trigger. Power courses through me and streams, ripping the air as it turns my foes into dancing, shivering sacks of burnt meat.

I move on.

I become as lighting and flicker faster than my enemy can track me. Their death is clean and quick.

I move on.

The room erupts into a storm of death and paralysis. As I float to the floor, my siblings clean up what remains.

Still, I move on.

Nothing hinders my path. My will is a bullet that pierces all armor and cover, seeking my target with the surgical precision of a razors edge. I do not fail or falter, because I do not lose myself in the pattern; I ensure which direction it will take.

I am a weapon born of fire and light; a doomsday device aimed by the Lotus and fired by my sense of duty.

I am Volt.

Edited by SilverBones

Thank you all for your kind feedback. It gives me great feeling of satisfaction, knowing you like them.

DAMN YOU SILVER!! Now I have epectations to try to meet. D: lol Well I'll try anyway. :)

I have no doubt yours will be awesome, sir. I look forward to seeing it!

Thanks again for your kind feedback!

silver you are just totally BAD-A$$ with a capital A$$, you writings are magesticly wicked they bring out the personality of the warframes. dude if i was a dev i would totaly recruite you as a story line editor you are just wicked.

<snip>

The Devs are welcome to the short stories if they want them :)

Pretty much everything I do is Creative Commons, so as long as I get credit, they are free for anyone!

• 3 weeks later...

I came from the "I am Ash" to read this one, as I started with him, and this fanart, this poem, this... (F***), this ridiculously magestic masterpiece, describes Volt as the proper mercenary he looks like (even more, the merceneary he is).

Belive me, if you were an editor from a newspaper or something, I'd read ever single column you publish daily/weekly/monthly/etc. Gotta love the way you tell this stories, nice work, Tenno.

• 2 months later...

I actually have recorded several different versions of this monologue using plain voice and sound effects. I gladly offer them up for whatever use they may have. Should I post them here or is there an email address the files should be sent to? I'm not interested in making any money with this. My creations are voluntary works of fandom.

Edited by Sp4z

You need to get hold of Alacratha on WFO for that sir. I would love to hear what your recordings sounds like, and you honor me by doing so!

Thank you!

Alacratha and I have opened dialog today, I'll message you my SoundCloud ID so you can hear some of the sample files.  I apologize if the quality of the recording is rough.  Unfortunately I have no audio cleaning programs to make the samples better.  With luck, maybe Alacratha does.

• 2 weeks later...