Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

75% Off Plat

jasa2230

Question

Hi all fellow Tenno! I've been playing Warframe for approximately 110 days and the last 80 of these days were all consecutive logins. I received only 2 75% off coupons and those were both when I first started playing. Now as a MR 21 I am receiving 1 morphics and just not good daily rewards. Is there any way I can receive or increase the chance of getting a plat discount coupon because I would really like to buy some plat. Thanks and have a good day!

24 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

You have been playing for 110 days, but are MR 21. 

I have been playing for 300 and am MR 16. Well aren't I lazy as hell?

Jokes on you i have played over 500 days and have 2800 hours on steam but im still MR19.

Edited by CaptainDavian
300 more hours...

Just now, HellsSapper said:

Besides, you are probably like me, and don't focus on leveling as much stuff. ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

Yeah, after I got syndicate primaries I stopped caring and kinda did it naturally when I felt like getting new stuff. But it also took me a good 4 months of playing to ask how the hell the system worked, because it seemed like completely common knowledge and I felt like a moron for not knowing, and it isn't explained anywhere in the game.

30 minutes ago, jasa2230 said:

Hi all fellow Tenno! I've been playing Warframe for approximately 110 days and the last 80 of these days were all consecutive logins. I received only 2 75% off coupons and those were both when I first started playing. Now as a MR 21 I am receiving 1 morphics and just not good daily rewards. Is there any way I can receive or increase the chance of getting a plat discount coupon because I would really like to buy some plat. Thanks and have a good day!

It is said that the chance to receive the 75% Discount coupon is very high early on in-game around MR..... 0.

Edited by Fuemego

27 minutes ago, CaptainDavian said:

I may be wrong in here but if you dont login for a long time, there is a high chance of getting %75 discount. It happened me twice when i need to take a break for my exams and i couldn't manage to log in for like 1-2 weeks and i got %75 discount as a login reward.

As it does seem like you're more likely to get 75% if you don't login/have a newer account before it was fine since there was nothing special before the new login system but I couldn't imagine putting myself further and further away from special mods/weapons with the Tribute system. At that point I don't feel like 75% is even worth it, but for me I've got 7-8 of them just logging in almost every day (I think I missed 5 days) maybe because I was at MR22? 

There is no way you're mastery rank 21 and have only played for 115 days, unless you TRULY do not have a life and play warframe 24/7. Even then I'm pretty sure being MR 21 by then is literally impossible. 

Edited by mustache_kitteh

23 hours ago, mustache_kitteh said:

There is no way you're mastery rank 21 and have only played for 115 days, unless you TRULY do not have a life and play warframe 24/7. Even then I'm pretty sure being MR 21 by then is literally impossible. 

I have only 542 hours on the game and have bought the 200$ plat pack for 75% off once. This is how I am MR 21 :D

While not proven there are 3 things that seem to increase the odds of a Plat discount showing up (just from my experience and one of the other various threads I read asking this question)

1. Not spending real money in the game.  By not throwing real money at the game to buy platinum people claim to have seen the plat discount pop-up a little more often during times where they don't throw money at the screen. I can say that there was a 3-4 month period where I'd throw small amounts of money at DE to buy plat so I could buy forma/blue tatos (and I didn't see a single plat discount) then I stopped for about 3 weeks (broke my foot) within those 3 weeks I recieved both a 50% and 75% plat discount.

2. Missing a few days. One of the longest standing theories here. If you miss a few days it seems that the plat discount shows up more often.

3. Letting other Plat Discounts Expire.  I know it sounds crazy and whatnot but in my experiences where I did not spend a plat discount coupon (usually a 25% or 50%) I always seemed to get another or better one within the month (usually a week or two). Only speaking from personal experience here, so if anybody can weigh in on this one that'd be great. 

It's funny really, before I ever put a big purchase on this game($10 or more), I have decided to wait until I get the 75% off discount. Once I get it, I plan on probably buying give or take $40 worth of plat, or what ever the highest bundle is. You would think the more people getting the discount the more sales they would get? Making it rare just means I wont buy platinum until I get it.

Edited by juujii

On 12/16/2016 at 6:31 AM, jasa2230 said:

-snip-

Tl;dr: The higher mastery rank you have, The higher chance of rare items upon login.

Hello fellow Tenno, I'm sure that this post may will help you, The login reward chance increases by 5% for each level up in mastery rank. For example, 10% Chance for any rare resource when mr0, Once you get to mr20 your increase will be 100%, But it takes 100% from the 10%. Making it 20%. Hope that helped!