Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Top Weapons missleading

Mell

Question

I look at alot of what people claim are the best weopons to get an idea of what i should at least be trying but i feel like focusing on things like damage and dps are misleading.

I have been thinking of doing some guides for warframe and focusing on a time to kill. not so much a mathematical chart but just general advice on how quick you can expect to take down a group of enemies at any level or a boss.

I mean i recently spend a good 1 weeks playing around with Secura Lecta and stumbled on a weapon that can wipe crowds in seconds even at high level. comparing it to atterax even in dps i beat it every stage not to mention wipes for what ever reason clip walls.

I guess my guide would focus on builds that have high burst damage + upkeep. maybe like Amprex + speed volt or synoid simulor + mirage clones.

The amazing thing about synthesizing warframes with weapons is you can focus on vitality, quick thinking, rage and primed flow.

2 answers to this question

Forum Journals?

Best weapon is not misleading when it's used in the proper context.

A weapon that's best for one faction and level range might not be as good for the same faction but different level range.\

A basic example of this is how Corrosive is often seen as one of the better elemental types to use against Infested but eventually a Viral proc is far more productive.

To use your example of Secura Lecta Vs Atterax. Try and test them against a lvl 200 Napalm and of course they need to be moded in an optimal way of dealing with lvl 200 Alloy armor. Atterax will beat Secura Lecta in this case if you use a pure physical build with Lasting Sting. At the same time Atterax will also outperform Secura if you remove armor completely and mod for Viral front-end damage. I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion that Secura has more DPS than Atterax when one is a status weapon and the other Crit. The way melee functions one is simply better than the other when it comes to the paper DPS.