Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Strange

(XBOX)Browniej126

Question

So I’m having trouble. I mainly play solo with my Ash warframe (upgrading a Nezha but that’s taking time) and often on difficult missions that don’t require stealth I use a Vay hek, Dex Duris and the ether reaper, and most of the time it works really well for me. But I’ve reached the final stage of the New Strange quest (i’m trying to reach the Second Dream as fast as I can, I want my operator) where I have to defeat Chroma, but I’m stuck at the first hurdle of defending the Arcane Codicies. So many corpus bots at once it’s difficult to keep up, and with 5 waves it’s nigh impossible.

I was wondering if there is any advice that can be given to help me? Or hell people willing to help me? I play on Xbox One and live in England if you need to know console and timings. So any ideas? I could use the help? 

5 answers to this question

I too play mostly solo, and this last segment of the quest was a smack in the face for me as well.  Keeping myself alive was easy - keeping the pod alive was the hard part.  After a few tries both solo and with a few randoms in public matches, and never getting past the 4th round, I sat back and thought a bit.  I realized that the best warframe for this job is Frost, and his components drop from Lech Kril (whom I've already defeated once).  So I went back and farmed Kril for the Frost parts, built him, and ranked him up.  And with a max rank Frost I beat this battle solo.  (I also used one of the Specters that you're forced to build to open one of the previous junctions and one of the Ancient Specters gotten from hitting the first level on one of the Syndicates).

And, fwiw, my primary was a potatoed Braton setup for Mag damage - took just a few rounds to bring almost any enemy down.  So, it's do-able with the equipment you can acquire previous to this point in the game, just takes a bit of grinding and some strategy.

Bonus tip - if the pod is damaged at towards the end of a round and there are just a few enemies left, leave one enemy alive and let the pod recover before killing the last enemy (and keep your distance from it so your Sentinel doesn't "accidentally" shoot it (<face-palm>)).  If you're lucky you'll get a shield osprey just hanging around and they don't do any damage.

I play on PS4, else I'd be happy to lend a hand.

my advice is :

1. is 10 waves. Is difficult for you to solo ( especially corpus )

2. use other frame. Frost

3. If you want to solo ash,

change it to tanker built,

hp, armor, duration, normal power.

4.use item, hp pad and energy pad

if still cant

-> go recruiting channel