Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Front Flip Melee Attack

inthephonebox

I would like to suggest the addition of a unique melee attack initiated from the front flip. Currently one has to wait until the flip is complete and the frame begins its 'true' fall to initiate the jump attack. Instead, I suggest a unique front flip attack similar to Samus' screw attack.This attack would have to be initiated in a small window after the front flip is initiated and the attack could have a 360 degree Y-axis hit box and perhaps raise the height of the jump (by 25-50%?). I feel this would not only contribute to more flashy ways of doing damage but also greatly compliments the ninja and parkour themes of this game. 

Ideas? Comments? Concerns? 

I have no way to animating this idea but the example of Samus' screwattack or sonic's jump attack plus a melee weapon is a pretty accurate representation. And it could work with all the melee weapons, not just swords. I don't know what is involved in the animation process but I don't think they would even have to make difference animations for each weapon handle. Just hold the weapon/fists out in front when one front flips using the reach of the weapon to determine its y-axis hit box.