Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*Nekros' SotD* Tweaks

CCamp88

Firstly, let me start by stating a few things; I have played Nekros (Prime) for quite a while before and after the recent(ish) changes. I have played him in about every way possible. As a desekros, shadowkros, terrifying, with and without augments, max power strength, max range, tankros. Basically you name it and I've played it.

I also will say that I am very happy with the new way his desecrate works and his shadows. Being able to now actually shoot, kill, do things other than spam desecrate is awesome. Essentially turn it on and forget it (that is unless you fall off the map, hit a null bubble etc) opens up Nekros to actually be able to do things. Also, with the way that the Shadows works with a set number of shadows independent from power strength is great. Before, running a max/high range (which usually ends in <100% power strength) would result in about 2-3 shadows. Which lasted not so long at that. The only downside with the new mechanics is that you essentially do not get as much loot as an end result. Mainly due to bodies will now disappear rather than being there until a "successful" desecrate. No biggey. Well worth the trade-off in my opinion. 

Now to my point/suggestions I suppose. Both revolve around his Shadows of the Dead.  Again, I love how it is now. How it works, how it scales. The augment change. Love it all. Being able to recast with a shorter animation to heal (vs the longer older one)has kept me from dying sooo many times where I would have been toast before. 

My suggestions
-Enable Shadows to have a type of semi/dual cast. There are times where I would like to just heal my shadows rather than perform the longer cast to supply the missing/lost shadows. Now this is obviously not a problem if you are below the 7 (at max level) cap. Basically for example,  I think it would be nice to just heal my remaining 2 shadows, rather than heal them AND cast 5 new ones. Aside from saving animation times, this allows one to better control what shadows they want out at the moment. Which ties in to my 2nd suggestion.  How this should/could be done imho is by having a hold/press, similar to how the transference is.  A quick 4 (or whatever ability key you use) would heal the existing shadows with the quicker animation as well as transport/teleport them if they are out of range. A hold of the 4 would recast missing shadows. 

-Nullifiers. When it comes to nullifiers, I have no problem with their bubbles removing my shadows. What I do absolutely loathe though is that those shadows are lost. I think it would be amazing if those shadows hit my the bubble (or very often those that actually run into the bubble) would instead of being lost as if they died, would just be taken off the map, but then placed at the top of Shadows' Enemy Span Queue. Many times I spend time getting some awesome shadows then they just run into a bubble. Again, I do not mind that they disappear once hitting the bubble, I just wish they could be respawned. This irks/saddens me the most when i get some killer conculyst/battlelyst shadows on Lua then some silly nullfiers nuke them :-( Any-who

TLDR
-Love the newer Nekros(Prime)
- Press/hold 4 to heal remaining shadows versus healing and recasting new ones; thus choosing animation times and allowing better control of shadows on map
-Shadows lost to nullifiers are not lost for good, but are removed from the field and replaced at the top of SotD Enemy Spawn List Queue thing

Regards,

-CCamp88