Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

valkyr builds for survivability or hysteria help

(PSN)XxToxicClipz

Question

4 answers to this question

i go for war cry build...blind rage max.intesity.vitality.steel fiber.primed continuity.fleeting max.war cry augment.rage. arcane guardian+arcane grace.and u hysteria last about 30sec   i use it only if need to rev someone.. or. must run way..

It's honestly a preference of whether you want to use Primary/Secondary, or exclusively melee.

For a mainly Melee build, you can use Eternal War Augment for her Warcry, extending it's duration by 2 (Affected by power duration) for each kill you get with a melee weapon. Combined with the fact that Warcry gives you more armor, it should make it rather easy to get in close, and kill enemies with your melee. As for restoring health, you can run Life-strike on your melee weapon, or just use hysteria, her 4th ability, hit something 2-4 times, and get all your HP back.

It's also recommended to run Max Vitality, and Max Steel Fiber on Valkyr to make sure you make the most out of her eHP, as long as you aren't relying entirely on her 4th ability.

130% Duration or above, 100% Efficiency or above, Any range, can be negative. And at least 130% Power Strength is recommended for that build to at least be good.

The second build is rather power hungry, and pretty much just relies on being in your 4, until around 60% on your HuD, before leaving, then going back into your 4 to reset the energy cost.

100% or more Power Duration, 175% Efficiency, Any power range, doesn't matter, preferably negative. And as much power Strengh you can fit onto your build. Vitality is nice, but you can ignore Steel Fiber entirely for this build.

Hey there Tenno!

So let me go ahead and say that I am not a Hysteria Valkyr player, I have no real interest in running her with a build dedicated for that.

That said most of the builds below can make use of it and the only one that can Not is actually set up for being able to use her on Energy Drain Nightmare* missions. 
 *(the energy drain on those is so massive it might as well be called "you will almost never ever have any energy at all" mode. if you want to use a power in that mode you
   better pop it as soon as you have enough power because it takes very little time for it all to just drain away!)

So anyhow, these builds are built for raw Survival without being in Hysteria while also still being able to use her other 3 powers a lot. And they do still allow me to pop her into Hysteria which I mostly only do when i have to Rez Someone or if I really feel the want to use it for some quick health regen without having to use Life Strike on my melee weapon. And also to get all up in the Juggernaut's face, because then it's actually fun (if a bit cheesy, haha). 

Here's the build's I'm currently running on Valkr Prime.

Of note is that I've got 4 forma into her and that's partly because I wanted to be able to run her with a Neutral Aura Polarity, which as you can see I haven't actually done yet. I'll get around to doing that sooner or later but for now she's working just fine as is and there's plenty of room to swap a few mods around still.

Spoiler

3C33AE3B32C7F343493235810DF6323F0D6DD533 (1680×1050)

F7FD2BC95166F45D1E322AFCDB9AE936BA056723 (1680×1050)

ECB0D8A7DE8379768F08AAF3225D307FDABB7816 (1680×1050)

Also, one of my main goals here was to be able to run the B build as a No Powers, No Energy (Energy Drain Nightmare mode) build while still also being able to use it with builds that are able to use her powers too.

Here's a budget version on regular/not-prime Valkyr that uses No Forma 

Spoiler

4343D5CD3572F143C10D319A92EAC6939642687D (1680×1050)

You could easily change and fit that build on Valkyr Prime with no forma to be this one below. And her extra "v" polarity means you'd even have some points left over for the Exilus slot or some other changes. 

Spoiler

FB47157CE917B0C3967609258DDF73023BE5B14D (1680×1050)

So there we go. Again my main goal was to make her as durable as possible without using Hysteria while still being able to use Rip Line, War Cry and Paralysis a lot and also still keeping Hysteria available too. They're just not set up to run a full long term dedicated Hysteria build.

And that is just because personally I don't enjoy it and to each their own, for those that do, good on them, enjoy!

So far she's worked wonderfully and where I really didn't enjoy playing her before I've actually had a lot of fun playing her this way. 

One funny thing, imo, that happened when i first started ranking up my Valkr Prime was that I built her and totally forgot to put a Reactor until I got her to rank 24 and I was "derp, forgot the reactor, no wonder I have so few mods!" Said mods all being Survival mods and pretty much nothing else, which still actually worked really well, haha.

But anyhow, where before I had always found Valkyr boring and just didn't play her at all when leveling up Prime I found myself using Rip Line a lot for Quick Movement, CC and even a bit of burst damage. War Cry to buff my team and since the duration is not real high I can re-cast it before too long in case someone wasn't near. And Paralysis also for a good quick damage/cc burst.

Hopefully there'll be something useful among all of that.

Cheers and Happy Hunting Tenno!
~R~