Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does a Lens Work?

PlayStationOnexxxXIV

Question

3 answers to this question

Honestly just play. Expert players would put a lens on either a loki or an Ash. Also one on your melee if you get another one & do a high lvl ext & get stealth kills. Keeping your stealth counter up is crucial for this tactic. Also important to know just run with your frame & melee if you choose to do this way.

Another way is just putting it on a dps frame. Like an Ash or an Ember. Even Sayrn can rack up some good focus. Once you get the focus orb. Spam abilites & kill everything as fast as you can within those 45secs.

Focus gained depend on affinity you gain. Smeeta kavat, affinity booster and stealth kills affinity multiplier increase greatly focus gained. Be sure to get focus orb whenever it spawn.

My personal best method is using Ivara, noise arrow to gather mobs in one place then launch them in stratosphere with hushed Tonkor or Zarr.

Lens transfer any excess affinity on the equipment the lens is equipped on into focus for their respective school at a certain rate. Greater lens have a higher transfer rate (duh), but which one to use is up to you. Focus orbs increase focus gained by 6x during their duration.

To maximize focus gain, you need to maximize affinity gained on equipment with the lens on it, and this requires you to know how affinity is split among equipment. Since you can't put lens on companions, there are effectively 2 scenarios:

1. The affinity from something you killed. 50% of the affinity goes to your frame, and the remaining 50% goes to whatever you used to get the kill. Affinity from weapon kills goes to the weapon, and affinity from ability kills goes to your frame.

2. Affinity from something not killed by you. This includes bonus affinity from those small secondary objectives in missions, affinity orbs, and (mainly) teammate kills. If you're in the shared affinity range of a teammate who scored a kill, 25% of the affinity generated goes to your frame, and the remaining 75% is split among your weapons.

The people who answered above already presented a few scenarios for you to generate focus fast, so I won't go into detail. I can give a few general tips:

If you're the one doing most of the kills, and you're killing with abilities (i.e. Banshee's Soundquake), put lens on your frame as affinity gained from ability kills goes 100% to frame.

If you're the one doing most of the kills, and you're killing with weapons (i.e. Synoid Simulor), put lens on the weapon. 50% of affinity generated via a kill from a weapon goes to it.

If you're not the one doing most of the kills, put lens on an equipment and equip only it. 75% of bonus affinity (affinity from teammate kills) goes to your equipment. Remember to stay in shared affinity range.

Of course, these are pretty specific scenarios, and should only be used as a general guideline. If you take a few minutes to think about and understand how affinity is gained, you should be able to use lens pretty effectively in most situations.