Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Migration and Associated Pain

rux616

I can't tell you how many times I have had to abort a mission because of a host migration that completely screws the mission state.  Like missing rescue targets, perma-locked doors, unhackable lockdowns, among others.  Not to mention that if you're in the middle a swarm of enemies when the migration occurs you will die almost without exception because the migration doesn't carry over the state of your buffs and doesn't give you control back until after the enemies resume activities, like shooting you in the face.

So here are my suggestions:

1. Have some sort of unified data set that every client keeps in sync with the host, containing important things like each client's ammo count, warframe energy, powers active, exact state of the mission (hostage rescued, their health, lockdown state, objects destroyed, etc.).  When a host migration occurs, nothing is lost because it's all contained in this data set.
  2. If/when a host migration conditions occurs, pause the game on all clients (including the host) until each and every client is loaded back in.
  3. Once every player is back in the game, put up a short countdown timer that signifies when the mission will resume normal play.

Take it or leave it, but please for the love of Clem, implement some sort of fix for this pain.

We can only dream of something logical and game-saving like that to be implemented, what I don't get is how Conclave got (host) dedicated server system when it's not played as much as the actual game which needs it a heck of a lot more! (Unless Conclave implementation is a way of getting one in place to test before making it game-wide?)

• 2 months later...

I'm just here to say that this is STILL a severe issue.  Nothing like having all your buffs up, having a host migration occur, then getting one-shotted because your buffs aren't up anymore, BEFORE you can move because the game's not fully set up yet.

Fiiiiiiix iiiiiiiiit.  Please.  Your player base would love you even more.