Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding Warframe to STeam

AtomicForce

Question

Hi All

So I installed Warframe directly from Warframe.com and not through steam, SO I dont have access to Tennogen. but I want the new Frost skin.

So should I un-install Warframe, and reinstall it from Steam, and then log into my existing account. will all my stuff still be there.

is there an easier way to get Tennogen without having to re install ?

3 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, AtomicForce said:

Hi All

So I installed Warframe directly from Warframe.com and not through steam, SO I dont have access to Tennogen. but I want the new Frost skin.

So should I un-install Warframe, and reinstall it from Steam, and then log into my existing account. will all my stuff still be there.

is there an easier way to get Tennogen without having to re install ?

I started through steam but there are people who have both installs and only use the steam version when going for tennogen items.

Not sure if things like settings are saved in the same location though.

Also not sure If there is a way to skip a large part of the download. You probably do need to first run a download through steam though. But maybe you can skip the client side download by copying files over. But with that I.m not sure if they are stored in the same way.

Thanks for the info all.

@Hesyol, I think ill just follow your method, Ill uninstall it and re install it from Steam as if its a new computer, at least I know now I shouldnt loose anything. Ill till make a back of the Warframe folders just in case.

Only have a 256GB SSD so no space for two instances of WF :p