Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception: high Spawn rates and bad spawn points

Tyrian3k

I was playing an interception invasion mission against Corpus on the gas miner tileset. When I was alone, it was easy enough. Get the towers, keep the enemies off the consoles.

Second round, I tried doing it public... what could go wrong, right? First round was okay, since I was mostly alone and could capture the points quickly. Round 2 was where everything went down the drain.

Spawn rates were so high that capturing towers was near impossible as enemies just kept spawning nonstop. This was especially annoying, since they spawn just a few steps away from the tower I tried to capture, causing it to be in conflict almost nonstop. With how slow you capture when four players are present and with how easy it is to miss a single enemy on a console among the constant flood of enemies that all shower you in lasers, knock you down and cause all kinds of mayhem, it was near-impossible to accomplish.

I killed well over 200 enemies in just that round, but it didn't help.

To solve the problem, you can could either remove the conflict status from the towers or only have it active when an enemy is hacking a console, allow capturing to be faster for single players,even with a whole squad present or rethink the level design, so enemies can't spawn as close to the towers as they currently do. Another possible solution would be to reduce the spawn rate, of course, but that's not really the core issue. With a bit of time before they reach you, lots of enemies are managable enough.

Note that this is only really a problem in missions with increased spawn rates and not on every tileset. In the void tileset, you have no trouble to defend, since enemies actually have to run a bit to the towers instead of spawning right next to them, but this is simply not the case for all tilesets.