Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mission Concept] Colony Defense

czcbibliothekar

I just thought, that rather than Infested Salvage, I'd like to play Colony Defense for Nidus' parts. It'd even make more sense to me, helping Mycona or other, similar colonies, and being rewarded with stuff they found.

Basically, Colony Defense is the first mission of The Glast Gambit, just as endless mission. You have to guard a number of gates to keep the colonists safe. The active objective wanders around the map with each wave, like it does in Uranus defense missions. If you manage to hold back a wave, the gate is closed for now - until a Juggernaut comes and breaks it open (you don't have to fight a Juggernaut each round, that's just for storytelling reasons). If Infested break through, they'll try and kill the colonists. All colonists dead and you lose. Colonists can be healed by AoE heals like syndicate operatives or specters, but they don't respawn. So be careful, Tenno.

The idea is very good, and I believe that missions where there is invasion of infestation should appear colonists (grinner / corpus) running in the opposite direction to escape the infesteds enemies.

Perhaps the concept of "evacuating" instead of defending is more
Interesting in what concerns a "singular" mission since there is already a mobile defense. This would also allow for not having a settler limitation, adding a large amount of civilians, which I believe would be much more badass.

There are 2 concepts similar to this type of mission that I know. The first is a campaign phase of Warcraft 3, where you have a countdown and you need to defend a "portal" where civilians (high-elves) are 
escaping from prison going to a saved location. The other concept is coop mission from Starcraft 2, where you need to defend strategic points for evacuating ships with civilians, not letting the "zergs" destroy the ships.