Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bugs and Issues with the New Strange Quest [Megathread]

xforsaker88x

1 hour ago, FireArchMage said:

Is there going to be any solution to help those affected by the auto completion bug? Our quest is stuck as complete and it is not possible for us to get chroma.

Seconding this, a clanmate is in the same boat - they relogged and toggled the quest, but are still missing the Chroma BP. Nice to see progress on bug-squashing though!

Why DE can just send us all the blueprints already?

OK, anyone can help me to get the Chroma blueprints then add me to your friend so I can talk specific about the problem and help me easier.

My account is dumbguy I will check when I play. 

So I knew the quest: the new strange was buggy since update 19 but i still had to do it to a certain junction. It all went well until i build the scorched beacon. When it was complete, the rest of the dialog in the quest played in one go and then it completed the quest with me doing nothing further and  without giving me the chroma blueprint. Can some admin or DE member help me get the chroma blueprint?

I was doing this quest, The New Strange, when the bug occured. I was at the part where you have to synthesize some grineer soldiers on Mars for cephalon Simaris. But, unfortunately, the last one just fell in the void due to an attack and the quest blocked itself. I have no way to complete it because the game won't put a fourth target for synthesis, and this quest is needed to unlock planet Saturn. So I'm blocked in the game and can't go foward. Did it already occured to someone and is there a way to solve this problem ?

Huge Surprise! The New Strange quest bugged for me. After I crafted the thing at my foundry for the quest, the game started playing through (what I presume to be) all the quest dialogue as if I had just completed the next part of the quest, but it just keeps going, and going. Then, before I knew what was going on, the quest was completed. I was standing on my ship in front of the foundry. I have no idea what was going on at the time. From that point forward, I received none of the loot from the quest, not to mention missing out on story/lore.  So I guess instead of the stuck progress bug, I got the auto-completion bug.

Anyway, on January 4, it is my understanding that the devs rolled out a fix for people who were working on "The New Strange" and didn't get loot. It said "Set 'The New Strange' to active then check your foundry for the missing loot. You may have to relog." The quest was already completed for me, though I didn't complete the quest, so I couldn't/can't set it to active as far as I know. I did go to my codex, clicked on the quest, checked my foundry, relogged, checked my foundry again.
Well I still didn't get anything. So, my question is this: is anyone else in the same boat as me, or did everyone else get whatever they were supposed to get in their foundry? Are the devs still working on fixing the quest? Am I doing something wrong? Did I misunderstand?

This may seem like a stupid question (because it probably is), but how do I contact support concerning this?  Should I email them? Do I need to submit a bug report or a support request and how?  AND I don't seen any point in submitting a bug report if the company already has a thousand bug reports about this.  I'll do it anyway though. That way, I'll have something for on the record in case something else comes up.

Apologies for the long post.

Edited by 30mag
for the record --> on the record

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:07 PM, 30mag said:

Huge Surprise! The New Strange quest bugged for me. After I crafted the thing at my foundry for the quest, the game started playing through (what I presume to be) all the quest dialogue as if I had just completed the next part of the quest, but it just keeps going, and going. Then, before I knew what was going on, the quest was completed. I was standing on my ship in front of the foundry. I have no idea what was going on at the time. From that point forward, I received none of the loot from the quest, not to mention missing out on story/lore.  So I guess instead of the stuck progress bug, I got the auto-completion bug.

Anyway, on January 4, it is my understanding that the devs rolled out a fix for people who were working on "The New Strange" and didn't get loot. It said "Set 'The New Strange' to active then check your foundry for the missing loot. You may have to relog." The quest was already completed for me, though I didn't complete the quest, so I couldn't/can't set it to active as far as I know. I did go to my codex, clicked on the quest, checked my foundry, relogged, checked my foundry again.
Well I still didn't get anything. So, my question is this: is anyone else in the same boat as me, or did everyone else get whatever they were supposed to get in their foundry? Are the devs still working on fixing the quest? Am I doing something wrong? Did I misunderstand?

This may seem like a stupid question (because it probably is), but how do I contact support concerning this?  Should I email them? Do I need to submit a bug report or a support request and how?  AND I don't seen any point in submitting a bug report if the company already has a thousand bug reports about this.  I'll do it anyway though. That way, I'll have something for on the record in case something else comes up.

Apologies for the long post.

I had the EXACT same problem as you. I have filed out support tickets and tried to contact everyone I can but no replies yet. As far as I know there is no help for anyone affected by the auto completion bug yet. I don't know if they plan on resetting our quests (probably the best option) or just giving all of the items and quest rewards so the we can get chroma, but then we would miss out on quest lore.

The hot-fix seems to have reset the quest and fixed it for some people and not for others. Two of my friends had their quests bugged and couldn't proceed from "Visit Cephalon Simaris", but after the hot-fix their quests got reset and they've already finished the whole quest and got the Chroma blueprint. I'm still stuck at "Visit Cephalon Simaris" cause the quest dialog wont prompt like everyone here says. Hopefully they'll fix it with a new patch.

Support answers me. They said there is no way to fix it. Maybe in future, but not now.

Unfortunately at this time quests allows you to reset the system is not, change, conversion progress, gain experience, and the second pass various quests.
This option is likely in the future will be available to our players, but there is no reliable information on this subject we do not have.
Please watch for announcements on our forum: https://forums.warframe.com

• 1 month later...

Having a huge issue with this quest. Just picked it up and have the part to scan the 3 lancers on Mars. Find them easy enough, issue is they only spawn with 3 scan points, not 4, so it never gives me credit for any scans at all. Very frustrating to also know there are bugs down the road in future missions on this quest and I need it to unlock Saturn junction. There really is no point to spend anymore time on this game if my progress is going to be blocked by bugs and I can't advance the star chart any further. 

• 3 months later...

Ive done the mission choosen (Mars Arees) for the scans, and it appears I was lucky to just get on scan. Since then I've ran the mission 9 times and NO elite arid lancers spawning. Please fix this because its @(*()$ infuriating after a while. I just want to move on from this asinine quest. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...