Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Okay, getting really off-topic now, amusing as this all is. Sadly it's too late for me to post up anything about Einherjar right now but people are free to use him even as a sparing cameo if they want.

On another note, I already know how Crowley's going out...it will be in fantastic fashion and it'll involve the entire Clan. Needless to say, this will not be happening for a long time...Faust needs to man up and earn his title still.

Okay, getting really off-topic now, amusing as this all is. Sadly it's too late for me to post up anything about Einherjar right now but people are free to use him even as a sparing cameo if they want.

On another note, I already know how Crowley's going out...it will be in fantastic fashion and it'll involve the entire Clan. Needless to say, this will not be happening for a long time...Faust needs to man up and earn his title still.

Is he going to meet a magic pony that rips his head off and drinks his spine?

Is he going to meet a magic pony that rips his head off and drinks his spine?

Wrath.....i think you need to either go home...or sleep. 

and sadly i cant scan golem....... >:c

someone do it for me!!

and again Wrath........

Edited by QuinnsWing

I haven't read the others yet but I was so inspired by SilverBones (thanks man) that I just have to write mine too. Here goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excalibur Chronicles

By Kagemonshi

Chapter 1

Awakening

The Void. It is named as such not because of its emptiness. It is a name that personifies the limitation of what was once our humanity. Even now, as our technology has progressed because of the Orokin, the Void holds back the nature of our race, namely our need to expand. For thousands of years, the race of humanity has been on the brink of collapse as resources found on our planet become scarce. To make matters worse, humanity has found the only answer that makes sense.

War.

It is the only thing I remember. I vaguely recall having a name and a purpose. I remember being "made"...yes, that's the word. I don't think I was "born" but made. The Void has taken everything from me, even my memories.

Tenno. Excalibur. Conflict. War. Being forcibly wrenched from Cryo-sleep makes your thoughts incoherent. All I have are these words, and my Warframe...Excalibur. I chose you didn't I? You were more than a tool. More than a second skin. You were an extension of my body. You were my companion. You are my weapon. Then, a voice. Yes, it was a voice. It was saying something.

"Wake up Tenno."

The voice came from a woman in a mask. She called herself Lotus and she was telling me to fight. The urgency in her voice did not escape me so I stood up.

Everything happened all at once after that, an unfamiliar room, gunshots, shields down, system booting up. I tried asking Lotus for advice and then I realized that I could not talk as well. In that moment of shock of not being able to speak, I made a mistake. Not noticing an enemy behind me, a tall, heavily armored soldier slammed his fist on the ground and a shockwave knocked me off of my feet. I rolled around and got a good look at my enemy. Easily over 6 feet tall, wrapped in an exo-suit brimming with energy, cybernetic limbs for arms and legs, and spoke in a raspy, robotic, female voice. I could not understand what she was saying but that didn’t matter, instincts told me to move. Springing up from my prone position, something in me knew what to do. As the soldier’s heavy rifle was spooling up its rate of fire, I ran towards the soldier taking on a few hits, went low for a slide to avoid the rest of the barrage and closed the gap, used the soldiers forward leg as leverage to knee the soldier’s face, all to yank the huge rifle off her grip whilst stunned. What happened next amazed me. Using the huge machine gun from the soldier, I made quick short bursts of it towards the enemies that surrounded me. Before I knew it, a total of 10 soldiers were down.

I went to the female soldier to get more ammo and as relief started to set in and adrenaline started to die down, I felt dizzy and realized that my chest hurt a lot. Reaching up made me notice the steady outpour of blood from my gunshot wounds. A sense of calm set in. A peace that I know I experienced before but was afraid of. Afraid that to succumb to it means that I have failed.

Leaning on a broken pillar with consciousness starting to fade, I feel the presence of other people coming towards me. Struggling to aim the gun towards the incoming threat, I was greeted instead by a familiar sight. Tenno. Then…the Void. It was always the Void at the end of all things. It is where humanity found its limits. It is where I lost everything. And for a brief moment I dismissed all that happened in the last 5 minutes as but a dream. That the Void finally took what was left of me.

Life though, has a subtle way to tell you that you are alive and that it was not over yet.

Chapter 2

Pain

(coming soon)

Welcome, friend. It's good to see

Prospective writers still

Who write to set their spirits free

Or simply time to kill.

And even though I haven't made

A work to move to move your heart,

Read on, new blood, of Djinn and Shade

Of whom I wrote no part.

Instead I write of tubers mashed

Or processed into drink,

And sometimes, when I'm in the mood,

A tale to make you think.

Enjoy your stay in Ash and Fire

With stories to incite

Amaze, endear, perhaps inspire

The fire in those who write.

Edited last line. Original is in Entari's quote.

Edited by Tyranthius

Welcome, friend. It's good to see

Prospective writers still

Who write to set their spirits free

Or simply time to kill.

And even though I haven't made

A work to move to move your heart,

Read on, new blood, of Djinn and Shade

Of whom I wrote no part.

Instead I write of tubers mashed

Or processed into drink,

And sometimes, when I'm in the mood,