Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Problem: The Melee Build

Daracha-Tendrihan

Question

Hey guys I am making a Nyx Melee Build for Solo, I made a post on reddit hoping I could get some feedback and or suggestion, but so far no one has written anything xD So I though hey why not see if I could get some more replies here>-<At the moment the build feels strong (against Infested atleast) but I am not so good at min-maxing and I might have overlooked something more veteran players do not:b

Plus I do not own Narrow Minded and Overextended yet, so if anyone who would be interested in trying the build, could give feedback on whether I should use those or something else:b

Thanks in advance!

My build/post:

13 answers to this question

Please don't use special colors when posting on forums. If you copy text from somewhere else, paste it without formatting.

Nyx doesn't have any melee synergy in her abilities so the mod you use on her don't really matter. Just use whatever you need for your melee playstyle. I'd go for normal 0ehp mod caster build myself even with melee only.

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

Please don't use special colors when posting on forums. If you copy text from somewhere else, paste it without formatting.

Nyx doesn't have any melee synergy in her abilities so the mod you use on her don't really matter. Just use whatever you need for your melee playstyle. I'd go for normal 0ehp mod caster build myself even with melee only.

Sorry, just posted my link to the reddit post and thought the formating looked nice.

Personally, if I were to use Nyx as a melee character, I would drop Chaos Orb and go for Assimilate and run with Zenurik Focus and Ack/Brunt with Final Harbinger stance and keep QT+rage as a backup for when I need to regen my energy.

slightly off topic - Another route you could go is Nekros Desecrate/Melee channeling build and equilibrium.  Run with Desecrate (with Despoil Aug). When you strike an enemy, you expend energy because you're channeling. Despoil pops and you lose a bit of health. You get a health orb from the drop, you get the orb and get the HP and energy back (thanks to Equilibrium) Or the inverse if an energy orb is dropped. Continuous recycling. 

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

this is my nyx versatile build, this builds works for shes 1,3 and 4. my native lenguage is spanish so the images will be in spanish.

Spoiler

5Drhu4X.pngJcPICxM.png

to make the mele builds works you need use mele stances with some reach like tempo royale, blind justice,

you can change rage for his 1 augment or any other mod.

the energy limits for his 4 is 1.00, but i reach 1.08 with narrow minded (intolerante) r6 more are a loss of reach

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

Personally, if I were to use Nyx as a melee character, I would drop Chaos Orb and go for Assimilate and run with Zenurik Focus and Ack/Brunt with Final Harbinger stance and keep QT+rage as a backup for when I need to regen my energy.

slightly off topic - Another route you could go is Nekros Desecrate/Melee channeling build and equilibrium.  Run with Desecrate (with Despoil Aug). When you strike an enemy, you expend energy because you're channeling. Despoil pops and you lose a bit of health. You get a health orb from the drop, you get the orb and get the HP and energy back (thanks to Equilibrium) Or the inverse if an energy orb is dropped. Continuous recycling. 

Ty for the suggestion, but I mostly made this build to avoid running Assimilate and Zenurik as I don't like the slowness of it x)

6 minutes ago, Daracha-Tendrihan said:

Ty for the suggestion, but I mostly made this build to avoid running Assimilate and Zenurik as I don't like the slowness of it x)

Np. 

Ack/Brunt with Final Harbinger actually fights off the slowness a bit. That stance is incredibly mobile and is not hindered by Assimilate's slow down. 

Ty for all the tips guys but I was asking for feedback and suggestions (mods) to the build I was running, not for other builds:P The reason I made this build was to try something new that wasn't possible before the update and that is having an efficient Rage, Quick Thinking and Life Strike build (without life strike but with Hirudo instead). And I thought Naramon would be perfect for her chaos ability as the minions would never attack you and Mind Control would be good for dealing with energy leeching eximus units. The reason I chose Quick Thinking, Rage and Hirudo, was to make it viable in longer missions, so I wouldn't just be killed by stray bullets or abilities.

2 minutes ago, nnexenn said:

ok then what's the point on user nyx for mele is because she likes you?.

if you want a better result, maybe you can try user the same build on valkyr or volt for attack speed 

Because it's more or less the same as taking the standard Nyx Chaos build, but instead making it more viable for endless missions. as normally you can't get to close to the targets because they will attack you, making the use of chaos meaningless, but if you use naramon the mobs will never attack you. Sure you can run it on valkyr or volt, but that is preference, Nyx can deal with energy leeches much better by using her 1 abillity and her chaos ability imo if executed correctly can be better/more fun than valkyr or volt. At the moment the build is working well for me, but it's a bit rough and there could be other mods than Narrow Minded, Constitution, Overextended etc. that could be used, which is why I made this post.

I like the way her abilities work, I tried Valkyr and Volt when I started playing and found them quite dull x) I am working on the build because everything is always the same, it's always the same standard build or frame to do something on and finally we have a chance to do something different than the cookie cutter, something to change up the builds a bit:b