The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do the Weapons Matter?

(PSN)MaroonV1

Hey Tenno.

I am kind of new to Warframe and every time I want a new weapon I find myself searching up an answer online. Someone told me though that it is just about how you want to play. Does it really matter what kind of weapon you use..? You still have mods to adjust to different enemies

2 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

Mods are far more important than the weapons in the beginning.  Later on, you will be focusing on crit and status builds, but for now, just play with different weapons and find ones that work for you.

This. Level as many weapons to 30 as you can, start with the store ones for fast rankup in MR, start with the shop ones. 

However you can use this (read the note at the bottom) or this to find out which weapons are worth using.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)MaroonV1 said:

Hey Tenno.

I am kind of new to Warframe and every time I want a new weapon I find myself searching up an answer online. Someone told me though that it is just about how you want to play. Does it really matter what kind of weapon you use..? You still have mods to adjust to different enemies

Starting from the Store weapons (available for credits) you'll get a glimpse at how weapons can work differently in the same "class".

Namely you'll see the difference when comparing :

-Braton and Burston for primaries

-Kunai, Lex and Lato for secondaries

-Skana and... Well any weapon that is not a one-handed sword

I don't remember all the names of the ones available for credits, but when I began these made big differences in the way I saw the game.

As everyone said, try out different things and above all, collect mods (keep two of them one unranked and one ranked, that can always be useful). You'll have all the time you want to worry about efficiency when you'll know what work and what doesn't work for you.

It's a bit different at the beginning, but once you have some decent mods it doesn't matter what weapons you use.  The game is easy enough that you can use whatever you find the coolest and still do just fine.  If you want to minmax and get the highest damage possible you can, but it's hardly required for 99% of the game's content.