Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox 1 Random Mission Failures

(XBOX)Core0000

Just started playing WarFrame, have my guy up to Lvl 30 (My mastery rank though is super low.. 4 or 5)
I'm getting Random Mission Failures during missions, and I don't understand why? So I'm making a post here. Maybe some other player who's experienced this will have an answer.

-Was doing an Intercept Mission, and everything seemed to be going fine. Had the Towers under control, and then all of a sudden "Mission Failed" and get the "screen of wasted time"
the one that shows you didn't collect any loot or get any results, etc. I suggest this highly needs altered.

It's not fun to spend 30 minutes on a match and then fail it randomly with nothing to show for it. . . Except salty tears.

-The other instance was, on the "Alerts" section on the dash board. A mission popped up to eliminate the infested. I had to eliminate about 343 enemies, with no shields, and I was SOLO'ing it because it was taking forever to match me up with anyone.

Well I get through 302 enemies ... waste about an hours time or more.. and a lot of deaths (11). And wasted "Affinity" 397 Pickups, 6 upgrades received.. and the game just goes "Mission failed" while fighting an enemy.. I had 500 health. .and was doing fine.. then just KO'd with nothing to show for it. Except some salty man tears and bitterness.

I have NO IDEA whats going on on the back end. I would assume Latency was the issue for that first problem, but if I were soloing the second one and was host basically..

Neither of these are bugs, nor random.

The first instance, with the interception, you might have had control over the towers at the time, but you need to keep your eye on the horizontal bars, counting up from 0-100. If the AI reaches 100 first, the mission is failed. It's in your best interest to keep the majority of the towers under control at all times. Think of it as Domination from CoD/Unreal, or Conquest from Battlefield, because that's exactly what it is. Grab the points, hold the points, let the bars tick upward.

As to the second instance, what you had entered was what is called a 'nightmare' alert. Nightmare missions are missions that are ramped up in enemy level, and have certain difficulty modifiers on them, such as No Shields. (Others include, but are not limited to, Vampire, Energy Drain, Death Detonation, Low Gravity, Timed, etc.) Any Nightmare alert will always be no shields. These missions are meant more for late game, as the mods that they offer are very powerful, and the mission difficulty put on par to match the effort. When you select a mission, take note of the description the game gives you for it. If it is a Nightmare mission, it will say [Nightmare] before the mission type.

When you suddenly died in that mission, I'm assuming you had already expended a certain number of revives, right? Once all of your revives are expended, you cannot revive anymore (you get 4 per mission, 5 if you have a piece of end-game gear called an Arcane, and I'm not sure if they still give, like 20 to new players or not). So, after reviving so many times, the next death you take will fail the mission, as there is no way to continue the mission, since you cannot revive anymore. And, given that you were in a Nightmare mission, 500HP can very easily be taken away in one swing by heavier units.

Just now, (PS4)Rakiokon said:

Neither of these are bugs, nor random.

The first instance, with the interception, you might have had control over the towers at the time, but you need to keep your eye on the horizontal bars, counting up from 0-100. If the AI reaches 100 first, the mission is failed. It's in your best interest to keep the majority of the towers under control at all times. Think of it as Domination from CoD/Unreal, or Conquest from Battlefield, because that's exactly what it is. Grab the points, hold the points, let the bars tick upward.

As to the second instance, what you had entered was what is called a 'nightmare' alert. Nightmare missions are missions that are ramped up in enemy level, and have certain difficulty modifiers on them, such as No Shields. (Others include, but are not limited to, Vampire, Energy Drain, Death Detonation, Low Gravity, Timed, etc.) Any Nightmare alert will always be no shields. These missions are meant more for late game, as the mods that they offer are very powerful, and the mission difficulty put on par to match the effort. When you select a mission, take note of the description the game gives you for it. If it is a Nightmare mission, it will say [Nightmare] before the mission type.

When you suddenly died in that mission, I'm assuming you had already expended a certain number of revives, right? Once all of your revives are expended, you cannot revive anymore (you get 4 per mission, 5 if you have a piece of end-game gear called an Arcane, and I'm not sure if they still give, like 20 to new players or not). So, after reviving so many times, the next death you take will fail the mission, as there is no way to continue the mission, since you cannot revive anymore. And, given that you were in a Nightmare mission, 500HP can very easily be taken away in one swing by heavier units.

Thank you very much for the reply. The first one I finally, after playing more modes, I realized what the reason was.

The second one, I guess that's just a basic mechanic, so many revies. I appreciate you explaining it. I honest to god thought it was a bug since I had more "Affinity" to revive with. I will say I know the "nightmare" modes have no shields, but that mission I selected.. didn't have anything tagged with it that made it obvious. I know the "Nightmare missions" are normally "RED"..

Again. Thank you very much for the response. I appreciate it.