Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which slide attack?

XSCX

Question

I'm stuck between the Orthos Prime and the Secura Lecta in terms of slide attacking, since I've been using the maiming strike build.

I've used the Orthos Prime for a long time, but when I started using the Secura Lecta. I've noticed both have fairly long range, and I don't really know which is stronger or have a longer range.

From what I noticed is.

Orthos Prime

- Spin Attack = 144

- Slower Attack Speed (1.17)

+ IPS Bleed (- but could proc others)

- Lower Status (10%)

+ Crit Damage (2.0x)

Range?

Secura Lecta

+ Spin Attack = 161

+ Faster Attack Speed (1.25)

+ Base Damage is an Element

+ Higher Status (25%)

- Crit Damage (1.5x)

Range?

The core build for the both of them is.

(P) Pressure Point, (P) Reach, Maiming Strike, Blood Rush (Red Critical,) Berserker, Organ Shatter

Edited by XSCX

7 answers to this question

If you want a Slide Attack beast, use the Atterax, AFAIK it has higher range than Orthos Prime. And unlike the Secura Lecta, Atterax is a slash based weapon, meaning it can use Relentless Combination.

My Build

Spoiler

Primed Reach, Primed Pressure Point, Drifting Contact, Blood Rush,

Berserker, Organ Shatter, Relentless Combination and Maiming Strike.

But if you only have Orthos Prime and Secura Lecta, I'd go with Secura, simply because of the extra credits.

4 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

But if you only have Orthos Prime and Secura Lecta, I'd go with Secura, simply because of the extra credits.

I have all melee weapons, but I kinda want to know which is better at being used as a quick slide melee attack, which means I'm excluding the extra credits.

Well both are good choices so as with most things in Warframe it really comes down to personal preference.

Now that said if you like, we can get a bit nerdy here...

Secura Lecta is a good slide attack weapon but people use it more for the Credits.  As secret9005 said the go-to whip for damage is the Atterax. Range and Damage wise it's about on par with the Orthos Prime, at least before things get warmed up. 

Using Warframe Builder for reference, plugging in the core mods we can see that Orthos Prime does more damage on slides.

Spoiler

-removed info because it's basically useless- =p

So there we go, if you're looking for strictly raw damage on quick melee slide attacks then of the 3 options Orthos Prime is by the numbers the "better" choice.

One reason people really like the Atterax is because it is a Slash Crit beast machine.

Personal opinion, I like and use all 3, For speed of moving around and slaugthering stuff on the star chart Orthos Prime is death on a stick.

Now that said, where it was a mainstay for me for a long time the Lesion has pretty much taken its place among my top of the top weapons. It's got speed and damage, just not nearly as much Reach.

Well anyhow I hope this helps.

Cheers and Happy Hunting Tenno!
~R~

Edited by Rolunde
derpage

Orthos Prime has more moderate Range on Slide Attacks, unlike its reputation, which is based off of general swings.
it's still large but doesn't hold to the reputation.

Secura Lecta is a better choice in my mind, as the Range is definitely competitive, will get many Elemental Status (which will prove useful), and Whips have faster Animations than Polearms, which is exacerbated by Secura Lecta having a higher Animation Speed Multiplier than Orthos Prime.

if you want to be completely AFK cheesemode, nothing is going to compete with Atterax though.

19 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

-snip-

FYI nothing other than per swing Damage should be used for Melee on Warframe Builder - the DPS stats are all made up.
not at fault of Stoi, as there isn't information as to the actual Attack Rates of Melee Weapons. so he put something there, even though it has zero connection to actual Gameplay.

i.e. Melee Attack Rates is based off of the Stance, Animation Speed Multiplier, and how long an Attack takes to complete by default.
but what's being displayed on Warframe Builder is the same as Guns, Damage * Rate of Fire. except Melee Weapons don't have a Rate of Fire Stat, they have an Animation Speed Multiplier Stat. 1.0 isn't one attack per second, 3.0 isn't three attacks per second.

15 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Orthos Prime has more moderate Range on Slide Attacks, unlike its reputation, which is based off of general swings.

Secura Lecta is a better choice in my mind, as the Range is definitely competitive, will get many Elemental Status (which will prove useful), and Whips have faster Animations than Polearms, which is exacerbated by Secura Lecta having a higher Animation Speed Multiplier than Orthos Prime.

if you want to be completely AFK cheesemode, nothing is going to compete with Atterax though.

FYI nothing other than per swing Damage should be used for Melee on Warframe Builder - the DPS stats are all made up.
not at fault of Stoi, as there isn't information as to the actual Attack Rates of Melee Weapons. so he put something there, even though it has zero connection to actual Gameplay.

i.e. Melee Attack Rates is based off of the Stance, Animation Speed Multiplier, and how long an Attack takes to complete by default.
but what's being displayed on Warframe Builder is the same as Guns, Damage * Rate of Fire. except Melee Weapons don't have a Rate of Fire Stat, they have an Animation Speed Multiplier Stat. 1.0 isn't one attack per second, 3.0 isn't three attacks per second.

/bold by me/

DOH! Good to know, thanks! :facepalm:

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

From what I noticed Orthos seems to be the middle of the 3 mentioned

Secura Lecta

Orthos Prime

Atterax

From my testing and math,

Atterax appears to be highest but least attack speed, whereas the Orthos Prime seem to have a decent attack speed but it is in the middle in term of slide damage.

From my core builds I ended up with these.

Spin Attk  |  Attack Spd

Atterax : 7407.782 | .917
Orthos Prime : 6104.837 | 1.17
Secura Lecta : 4586.816 | 1.25

Edited by XSCX