Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor Riven Help

(XBOX)Chyeah Hoops

Question

Hello Tenno,

Long time player here, lots of hours, kills, forma'd weapons and the like but never been much of a numbers guy and I know this game breaks down into some intense stuff.  I propose my dilemma: I have two opticor rivens at max rank and am not sure which one to keep.

1) Opticor Sati-insitin: +86.1 multishot, +41 mag capacity and +101.3 puncture

2) Opticor Toxi-ampata: +180 damage, +55 ammo max, +107.9 toxin and - 49 fire rate.  

I know I can use either as they enhance the weapon tremendously; however I'm not sure if the toxic is worth it due to the fire rate decrease.  If i slot the build with speed trigger and vile acceleration i'm giving up 10% status chance but it actually fires faster but I know corrosive builds better into late game in the void if i'm not running 4xCP.  

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

2 answers to this question

I would go with 1st. - firerate kills the weapon. You can even drop normal multishot mod in favor of more firerate or other elemental mod if you use the first. The damage on Opticor is one of the best things on it. You can make it deal about the same damage as Tygris (either prime of synd) but its the same in late game.

I myself own a riven that has +~150% puncture and +~100% toxin or electricity, i cant remember. It makes weapon deal 34k on full charge.

https://goo.gl/wOXowc

How I would build with your mod. Ofc, the polarity of the mod is D but if you have the other, it would just fiit that one.

Edited by Xardis

I'd reroll that second one. Personally I think the opticor has plenty of damage so an ideal riven would be a combination of fire rate, mag size, reload, and maybe punch through. I use it with shred and one other fire rate mod.