Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime: Proud Warrior, Tormented Screams

(PSN)namtap032892

The idea that Valkyr had originally been a proud warrior is something that I am entirely in favor of. In fact, I believe it would even make sense for her to have the same abilities as a warrior that she does as a berserker.

The only issue is that she doesn't sound like a proud warrior.

Maybe I'm just being fussy about minor details. After all, as far as I know, Valkyr is the only Warframe to even have a human-like voice. But that doesn't change the fact that it frustrates me when I hear my "proud warrior" screaming in rage and agony.

Paralysis is fine as it is. The associated voice just sounds like your generic battle cry. No real indication of excessive rage or pain.

Hysteria's shout of rage irks me quite a bit, but I've been able to let it slide a little without destroying her image.

However, I cannot ignore Warcry's tormented screaming. That does not sound like a rallying cry, and there is absolutely no pride evident in her scream.

Considering Valkyr's lore, I feel that adjusting her voice is merited and worth considering.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)namtap032892 said:

The idea that Valkyr had originally been a proud warrior

meanwhile in the warframe profile: Valkyr

"Valkyr... the tormented, the experimented"

you sure you're not mixing up your headcanon with the lore?

4 minutes ago, Varacal said:

For what reason would a proud warrior be hysterical? Other 3 make sense, but the 4 is a lore problem (though i guess you could argue hysterical like a frenzy, but even then the sounds dont add up)

9 minutes ago, Varacal said:

He's talking about Valkyr Prime, not Valkyr. This was the original Orokin warframe, not the one mutilated by Alad V. The 'proud warrior' thing is directly from her codex entry if I remember correctly.

7 minutes ago, Shards-of-a-Soul said:

He's talking about Valkyr Prime, not Valkyr. This was the original Orokin warframe, not the one mutilated by Alad V. The 'proud warrior' thing is directly from her codex entry if I remember correctly.

More precisely, it's "A proud fighter emerges unscarred by time or malice."

12 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

For what reason would a proud warrior be hysterical? Other 3 make sense, but the 4 is a lore problem (though i guess you could argue hysterical like a frenzy, but even then the sounds dont add up)

Forget about the name and description of the 4th ability and think about it this way: What kind of proud warrior is going to accept going down without a fight?

43 minutes ago, ADFXOzymandias said:

The sounds for Valkyr were made for her original, non-prime version, which had been tortured and mutilated by Alad V.

I'm aware of this. I'm saying, maybe they could add in new sounds for Valkyr Prime, considering her lore indicates she only became enraged and tormented after Alad V.