Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with a build

Antonietta

Question

Hi everyone who reads this!

In advance, sorry for a very generic question. I basically just want to know how to mode my character. I did look up builds, but allmost everything I found is about 1 year old, so I don't know how relevant it is.

Here's what I use: Chroma, Hek, Twin Grakatas and Scindo. Since mods require farming, lots of it, I don't want to just upgrade whatever seems useful and instead want to have some sort of a plan, specific build, so I won't accidentally waste lots of time and resources.

Also, just linking builds that you know are not outdated is enough.

Btw, slightly off topic, but how do elemental mods work? I mean if it says "15% bonus electric damage", does it mean they add bonus electric damage equal to weapons 15% damage?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

I assume you went with Chroma for the tankyness of the frame. This means for the frame itself, you'd be using survivability mods such as Vitality, Redirection, Steel Fiber. These help you take more hits overall.

The main tank ability Chroma uses is Vex Armor. As you might already know, damage to shields equals increase in armor while damage to health increases damage dealt by you overall. To maximize the multipliers from this ability, power strength mods are recommended, like Intensify or Blind Rage. You might also want to build with efficiency(Streamline, Fleeting Expertise) and duration(Continuity, Narrow Minded) in mind so as to be able to keep Vex Armor up for longer and cast it more often.

Elemental Ward with fire, ice, or electricity help with tankiness as well, as it increases the health, armor or shields of yourself and teammates respectively while the ability is in effect. Changing energy color can change the element of which Chroma is based upon for a mission, as you may have found already. Choose whatever elemental configuration strikes your fancy, as these three all help survivability. If one doesn't work out as well as you'd hope, you can easily change it without much effort.

Builds for Chroma haven't changed much at all, so the older builds you find online should work fine.

Edited by CybrinZ

6acm1rW.jpg

I swap between Rush and Power Drift for the Exilus depending on what I'm doing.

Transient Fortitude, Vitality, Narrow Minded, and esp Primed Continuity will see a lot of use and are worth upgrading.

Steel Fiber is the least used among these mods though important for some frames like Chroma, Nidus, Rhino, ect.

Blind Rage gets moderate use later when you can afford the efficiency.

Ice Ward is hands down the best elemental type. Fire used to compete for melee but there's a lot of ways to heal yourself these days.

Elemental damage mods add the stated elemental damage based on your modified base damage. Things that increase your base damage like Serration, Rifle Amp, Heavy Caliber and certain buffs will in turn increase the amount of elemental damage that the mod gives you.