Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe did not close properly

Khanhls123

Question

everytime i close warframe the evolution engine process still running in the background and i have to kill it using task manager , it close itself after about 5-10 minute though but i dont like to wait like that , it take alot of my ram , is there anyway to fix it ?  i dont want to kill it everytime i close the game

7 answers to this question

Sounds like something is preventing it from closing. might be trivial, might be something serious.
Whats your OS? 
Did you EVER(on current system) change ANY Windows Services?
Did you EVER(on current system) used Automated "registry repair" software? 
Do you use any type of "boosters"?
Any software thats running in the background? (aside from steam)
give me some info, ill try to help.

Edited by Sophista

8 hours ago, Sophista said:

Sounds like something is preventing it from closing. might be trivial, might be something serious.
Whats your OS? 
Did you EVER(on current system) change ANY Windows Services?
Did you EVER(on current system) used Automated "registry repair" software? 
Do you use any type of "boosters"?
Any software thats running in the background? (aside from steam)
give me some info, ill try to help.

sorry for late respond :P , i'm using window 10

i do use advanced system care for registry repair

i didnt use any kind of booster

there no software on back ground

i really want to fix this thank you :D

23 minutes ago, Khanhls124 said:

i do use advanced system care for registry repair

Stop using this.  Registry repair isn't a thing you really need to worry about in this day and age.  Back when CPU speeds were measured in Mhtz they were useful, but your hard drive will have a mechanical failure long before you can bloat your registry enough to notice the impact cleaning it would make on a modern CPU.

Odds are the cleaner got overzealous and deleted an entry it wasn't supposed to and borked the game.  Try reinstalling and seeing if that helps you.

Edited by UltimateGrr

I could have swore I replied to this ages ago but apparently it didn't post... Anyway, before you run the game next time, hit the little gear icon on top right of your Warframe Launcher and Verify and Optimize your download cache. It'll take awhile, but it very well may solve your issue. My boyfriend had something similar happening to him for awhile due to improperly closing the game on a regular basis, until the game would no longer close right on its own and started giving him weird errors. Verifying and Optimizing fixed it.

As I understand it, this essentially goes through your Cache and ensures that everything is there, up to date, and working as intended. It also takes a lot less time than a full reinstall if you're on a bad connection like I am. If the problem is something as simple as a corrupted file or missing entry, this may fix it without a full reinstall being necessary. Worst case though, reinstalling the game should solve your issue.

Edited by Jeahanne

6 hours ago, UltimateGrr said:

Odds are the cleaner got overzealous and deleted an entry it wasn't supposed to and borked the game.  Try reinstalling and seeing if that helps you.

This^ Even if you manage to mess your registry, its relatively easy to fix manually (even without knowledge, just google).
And by fixing manually, you mess with 1 entry at a time, and you more or less remember what you changed, so if any issues pop up, you can revert changes.

6 hours ago, Jeahanne said:

-snip-

and this.

If problem still persist, i would try:

• Disabling directx10/11 (in launcher options). You never know, maybe direct is choking on close.
  • Try Increasing/decreasing pagefile. Ive had DDO do exact same problem (not closing properly) because my pagefile was too small. (its in the genes, they say;)
  • Not sure how UAC works in 10, but are you running with admin permission? If not, try it.
  • Drivers. Reinstal/update/downgrade your GPU drivers, depending on when you updated them.

hope that helps Tenno.

PS. Whats your ram? if you want more, without actually upgrading ram...
Superfetch on Stick may help.

ReadyBoost. Tool built in any windows up from win7. If you got some decent flash drives around it may become really usefull.
Unless you use SDD. If thats the case, you may ignore ReadyBoost.

Edited by Sophista