Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor with a specific Riven

Gulftown

Question

Hey! I've last played Tonkor roughly a year ago, after I switched to SS for the sole lack of continuous AoE burst damage. I've recently unveiled a good riven yet I'm still waiting for a decent offer for it. Meanwhile I've decided to try to rejoice with it. How should I build it with this riven?

Thanks for help if someone has the time and knowledge. 

4 answers to this question

It's always pretty depressing seeing people cling to the most meta weapons (I've developed a Pavlovian response to muting the game as soon as I hear a Sudalor) but I can't quite tell you how to play the game.

From what I can see you've got a pretty solid Riven. The -zoom is just flair but it's nice, and I don't really think the Tonkor needs that reload speed as much as it needs more critical chance. You've otherwise got a very desirable riven, but it's not as good as it could be. You should just build it as normal. Crit and crit damage. Damage, of course. Don't bother with status, go for the 90% elementals. I'd recommend Firestorm if you want to kill larger groups. Obv no punch-through. Don't use Argon Scope, if you feel you have to, use Bladed Rounds instead.

A perfect riven would consist of dmg, crit chance and crit dmg, and multishot, but 2/4 ain't bad, though it is faint disposition. Hope this helped.

Also hope you are encouraged to try other weapons.

42 minutes ago, Exploderizer said:

It's always pretty depressing seeing people cling to the most meta weapons (I've developed a Pavlovian response to muting the game as soon as I hear a Sudalor) but I can't quite tell you how to play the game.

At some point of development DE simply made a handful of weapons greatly superior to others so in order to be efficient (and in some extreme cases in order to be able to complete the tasks within the given time frame) why would you ever use anything else until you're mastery capped and have nothing but time to improvise on your hands? Unfortunately given the current amount of different handicapping factors (drop chances, platinum, credits, mastery, spent hours) I've been forced to use those. Meta weapons are often also the most visually stunning and fun to play with. In the end in its current state of multiple bugs, exploits and imbalance, Warframe will never be a high end 'competitive' title. 

Anyway, many thanks for the building instructions!

54 minutes ago, Exploderizer said:

Perhaps DE should consider why certain weapons are being overused instead of trying to make them less used.

As always they try to fix the result of a problem and not the problem itself.

If you have two weapons with identical DPS on paper but one is 60% Slash damage with a 200 round mag and the other is 60% Impact with a 60 round mag. Which one will get used more? It doesn't take a genius to figure out why some weapons aren't being used.

@OP  There's usually one slot left over for Tonkor to use either Bladed Rounds, Primed Bane or Primed Fast Hands. I can tell you that your current Riven stats do not beat Bladed Rounds or Primed Bane in Damage per shot and of course it's less reload than Primed Fast Hands. It functions decently as a middle ground between those mods but yea that's the problem they've created with desperation to make players try inferior weapons. They've made Rivens ridiculously hard to be viable for Tonkor / Simulor / Soma as if Power creep were a stranger to this game in the first place.