Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helping Hand/Question

Seinerweisen

Question

My friend is stuck at the Queens battle in TWW. He is using a potato computer and he cant transition from Warframe to Operator fast enough to kill the guards without getting immediately crushed. Can I log into his account and beat this part for him or do I need to tell Devs or what? 

12 answers to this question

So, let me put it that way:

Your friend can login from any location he wants to. DE does not limit accounts to country/location of original registration.
However, It is against terms of service to give access to your account to 3rd parties.

So lets simply assume that your friend would "make the trip" to your place, logged in, beaten fight, logged off, and came straight back to his place.

Spoiler

And just stick to that version

Mind tho, any abuse, will be discovered (very easy) and will be dealth with(hard way)

Edited by Sophista

I believe it's the sharing of account details that is forbidden.

You should be ok if your friend logs in to Warframe on your PC and you play through that section of the quest for him, as long as he doesn't actually tell you his password.

Obviously, you may want to check this with DE first via a support ticket.

8 hours ago, Sophista said:

nope. Its all in terms of service. no need to add to waiting time on tickets with question that is already answered.

Care to quote the relevant section?

Although I read it the way I stated, I think it was ambiguous enough that some may prefer to have DE clarification.

6 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Care to quote the relevant section?

Nope. Too lazy.
But as you stated. its against the rules to share(or give access in any way) to your account. 
Im with you there, all im saying, there is really no reason for support ticket.

Edited by Sophista

2 minutes ago, Sophista said:

Nope. Too lazy.
But as you stated. its against the rules to share(or give access in any way) to your account. 
Im with you there, all im saying, there is really no reason for support ticket.

Ok, here's the section that I believe applies:

The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts.  You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void.  Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

By my interpretation of that section, telling someone else your password is against the terms, but logging on yourself and allowing them to play on your account isn't.

23 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

By my interpretation of that section, telling someone else your password is against the terms, but logging on yourself and allowing them to play on your account isn't.

Youre right, but have to remeber this:

.    LIMITED USE LICENSE

If you agree to this License Agreement, you may install the Software onto your computer for purposes of playing the Game by registering for and accessing a User Account (“Service”). Subject to your agreement to and continuing compliance with this License Agreement, DE hereby grants, and you hereby accept, a limited, non-exclusive license to (a) install the Software on one or more computers owned by you or under your legitimate control, and (b) use the Software in conjunction with the Service for your non-commercial entertainment purposes only. All use of the Software is subject to this License Agreement and to the Terms of Use agreement (the “Terms of Use”), both of which you must accept before you can use your User Account (hereinafter referred to as “Account”) to play the Game.

i think were to square 1 with this.
Im sure OP knows a way to do it now without much fuss.
Im not going to say it loud. neither should u.

Edited by Sophista

9 minutes ago, Sophista said:

.    LIMITED USE LICENSE

If you agree to this License Agreement, you may install the Software onto your computer for purposes of playing the Game by registering for and accessing a User Account (“Service”). Subject to your agreement to and continuing compliance with this License Agreement, DE hereby grants, and you hereby accept, a limited, non-exclusive license to (a) install the Software on one or more computers owned by you or under your legitimate control, and (b) use the Software in conjunction with the Service for your non-commercial entertainment purposes only. All use of the Software is subject to this License Agreement and to the Terms of Use agreement (the “Terms of Use”), both of which you must accept before you can use your User Account (hereinafter referred to as “Account”) to play the Game.

i think were to square 1 with this.
Im sure OP knows a way to do it now without much fuss.
Im not going to say it loud. neither should u.

That section just states that you can install Warframe on a computer you own or have legitimate use of, it says nothing about who can then use that computer to play Warframe.

4 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

That section just states that you can install Warframe on a computer you own or have legitimate use of, it says nothing about who can then use that computer to play Warframe.

Well,See how many times theres YOU/Your in section i quoted? 
My interpretation is, you install the software. You accept agreement. YOU can use that software for service.
So if you invite friend over, and he ONLY created account, But YOU previously Installed warframe, your friend while playing, does not play under agreement of both TOS and EULA, only TOS.

I may be completely wrong...
them licenses and agreements right>?

Edited by Sophista

8 minutes ago, Sophista said:

Well,See how many times theres YOU/Your in section i quoted? 
My interpretation is, you install the software. You accept agreement. YOU can use that software for service.
So if you invite friend over, and he ONLY created account, But YOU previously Installed warframe, your friend while playing, does not play under agreement of both TOS and EULA, only TOS.

I may be completely wrong...
them licenses and agreements right>?

And this is really my point on why seeking clarification from DE may be useful.

The terms are ambiguous, at least to most people who don't practice law.

12 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

And this is really my point on why seeking clarification from DE may be useful.

The terms are ambiguous, at least to most people who don't practice law.

Youre right.
better ask [DE] directly, if you still want to go trough with it op.