Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy Drone Event, Boring And Unfaire? My Feedback.

Vakain

Primed chamber is fine as a temporary exclusive. The event allows you to get it earlier, and getting it later is going to ask you to grind anyway, so nobody else than the top 100 will have it for quite a while, but others will get there eventually. Good "exclusive".

SnipetronV is given to everyone who was here and did minimal effort. This is good exclusivity because nearly everyone who plays warframe during the event can got it.

The statue is a bad exclusive because only a very limited number of people can get it, and the way of getting it is rigged (101-500 people clans will never see it, nor the 1-people clans.).

Basically a good exclusive should be available to everyone who works hard enough. Everyone, not a top 100 or top 21 or anything. Even if it's available in a limited time frame.

also:

ex·clu·sive

[ik-skloo-siv, -ziv] Show IPA

adjective

1.not admitting of something else; incompatible: mutually exclusive plans of action.
2.omitting from consideration or account (often followed by of  ): a profit of ten percent, exclusive of taxes.
3.limited to the object or objects designated: exclusive attention to business.
4.shutting out all others from a part or share: an exclusive right to film the novel.
5.fashionable; stylish: to patronize only the most exclusive designers.

Our definition here is somewhere between 3 and 4. "Exclusive" means that some people have it and some people don't. There is nothing about "Exclusives can only be gotten through one way without any exception.". Technically, all items are exclusive to the people who farmed/bought them.

So how about braton vandal or lato vandal when compared to snipertron Vandal?

Are they good exclusives? Also we are assuming that people during this event time benefits from the exclusive item, how about those who just join and miss it one day later? Is it good or bad for them? It can be quite subjective.

What you define as exclusive is very vague. In what terms would be that i don't run games with sentinels or own one(which i really do not own), so is it exclusive to those who have it? Not really. So if all items are exclusive to people who farmed or bought them, why is there a need to even label items in game exclusive when they are already exclusive. It would just make them rare but not limited to a certain group if you get what i mean.

Overall i understand the idea you are putting forward and can quite agree with it. However the problem that i have is that it took us about 3 -5 post to understand or points of view, where many post on this same issue are not similar to what you say but claim they have a life and it is unfair for them.

Their basis of their argument is not viable compared to yours and overall yours is the most sound. Thus your ideas are genuinely good, others not so and if they can't confirm this, it would always seem they are saying that they deserve the mods no matter what sort of feel and not supporting this type of movement clearly (OP for example)

Just to quote from OP:

"

You are all aware that there are THOUSANDS of players out there around the world who play this game, right?

And only 100 of them get this mod?

I'm sorry but the fact that we've to do this alone to be 100% efficient makes it even more lame.

I don't want to play the game over the whole weekend ALONE only to farm these things. There will be also some players who refuse to sleep the night only to be in the top 100. And realy?

Playing this stuff the 3 days again, again (alone!) aaand again alone only to receive a mod? To compete with people in a way that is simply NO fun at all? I think we agree that we all have to sleep, eat and do some other stuff on a weekend than to do something like that. I don't want to play the game the whole time only that I've got a chance against these 100% hardcore gamers who play 3 days straight. That isn't fun, now is it?

Even if you can get the mod afterwards as a drop (which is okay and good this way) it is still unfaire and the definition of no-fun for all coop loving players who don't spend 3 days straight on this.

"

These type of arguments are not in favor of anyone and would just make them on a whole sound like self centered individuals(sorry op)

Edited by Jacate

I agree in part with the OP. I think, however, that two changes would make the event a bit more... engaging:

A) Kills in group are granted to the whole group (as the OP suggested)

B) Rewards are granted to the top percentile, not the top [arbitrary  number]. If, say, the top 10% of players (In terms of Informer kills) got the mod, a lot of players would be more motivated, as this would be a more realistic, achievable goal, while still being fairly exclusive.

So let's summarise the facts:

- To be 100% efficient you HAVE TO play ALONE in a coop game

No.

Just no.

Run Ember with maxed WoF, Stretch, Focus, Continuity, Rush, Quick Rest, Marathon and additional mods on Kappa.

Use Dual Zoren speed trick and just keep running around demolishing everything, even in bigger lobbies.

You can EASILY get 30 Drones a round in a full squad.

i agree thats what i have been doing my clan is small and im the only one in it who wants to get into the top 100 so my clan mates actually help me by coming with and we have fun doing kappa and kiste lvling up there frames while im running around using WoF

I do find it kinda funny that they keep trying to encourage us to group up by always adding mobs that are very solo-unfriendly, and then they stick an event in the game that pretty much forces you to go solo.

It is like ".......wut?"

Thankfully it is Grineer and not something stupid like Infested, though I bet that'll be next event. We'll have some new Infested mob to kill and I bet we're going to be shoehorned into going Solo so we can use up Revives on Disruptors and Toxics (because it'll be Lv15+).

What ? I thought rollers are more annoying than a bunch of Disruptors and Toxic that I can down with 2 to 3 shots ?

The event in general kinda leads me to believe that DE don't understand people.

As has been mentioned multiple times by others, it doesn't encourage teamwork in the slightest, if for no other reason than the standard to get the additional rewards is explicitly to perform better than X number of people - right off the bat, that makes it competitive, not cooperative - the two are mutually exclusive:

Any reward as such should be awarded based solely on your own performance, not on how well (or poorly) someone else performs. When I received my expert marksmanship badge in basic it was based solely on the fact that I hit 38 out of 40 targets, I didn't suddenly lose it when someone happened to hit 39 or 40 (and I was no less proud of the thing even though it's not considered a particularly big deal in the Army), just like the people who didn't do as well didn't suddenly lose theirs as long as they hit the minimum number of targets, the only difference is that their badges didn't look as good... and there's not many organizations that promote teamwork more than the Army does.

By contrast, this is more like coming across ten starving bums in a train car, dangling a steak in front them and telling them that only one can get it before locking the door.

Additionally, if the event were to fail, there's the issue that it was pretty poorly communicated; I can understand people thinking they simply need to get their 20 kills and be done.

Finally, as noted by the OP, endlessly farming Grineer missions for balloons is pretty tedious after a couple of days.

Edited by Taranis49

OP said :

- To have a slightly chance to compete to be in the top 100 "drone killer" - List,

you have to play 3 days straight - ALONE and everytime the same lame thing again

- "Border clans" got a huge advantage (like 900 members) or disadvantage (like 150 members) on the throphy hunting

I say: players like you are the reason soooo many games out there are getting dumbed down so all you have to do in most games to get cool stuff is just show up. 

where is the fun in that? where is the reward for your time invested? don't you think players out there want to have nice toys that others don't? the chance to get that awesome mod is there. you just have to spend a lot of time to get it. thats your reward for all the time put in! 

suck it up and play. or don't

It's still an unfair advantage and you completely missed the point, how is someone who doesn't have this kinda time to put into an event like this supposed to get that rare mod Vs. someone who has nothing but spare time to put into an event like this can get that mod easily? 

This event was not thought out correctly, instead of having an X amount of kills to receive this unique mod, it's only for the top 100 players, and ya, he also made a good point about how people are staying up all night just to stay in the top 100 ( that's even if there in the top 100 even with 2K+ kills ) and the in-game chat said it all. This was supposed to be a fun coop event but instead its a solo event where pretty much most of the playerbase gets screwed out of a good weapon mod since we don't have 72 hours of spare time to spend on this game. 150 kills to qualify for the weapon mod woulda been a much better decision and kept more players interested.

I personally don't care for this event either, and that was after reading the conditions on how to get the weapon mod.

Edited by __Kanade__

@OP: the competition to get drone kills argument counts only BEFORE the first 20 kills, after those it just doesnt matter since everything is an extra for the 100% fill bar.

The other goals are aimed for real hardcore players and, therefore, have hardcore rules to be the most efficient, you just have to deal with it.

You think it's unfair? than you dont need the reward so much to think it would worth your efforts, so why do you want it?

Yours it's just lack of personal motivation, if you really wanted that mod so bad you would be there farming for it, you just want the results without the efforts, your brain is unfair, not the event and ppl who are willing to do everything's possible to be on top, it's like if i'm a fat boy and i wanna look like a body builder without doing any phisical activity or training myself only 1hr/week.

It doesnt work like that man, ESPECIALLY in competitions.

Talking about myself:

Do i want that 'awesome' new mod? Yes.

Do i think it does worth to close myself the whole weekend in summer do get it? No.

Do i have the rights to blame? No.

End of the story.

@OP: the competition to get drone kills argument counts only BEFORE the first 20 kills, after those it just doesnt matter since everything is an extra for the 100% fill bar.

The other goals are aimed for real hardcore players and, therefore, have hardcore rules to be the most efficient, you just have to deal with it.

You think it's unfair? than you dont need the reward so much to think it would worth your efforts, so why do you want it?

Yours it's just lack of personal motivation, if you really wanted that mod so bad you would be there farming for it, you just want the results without the efforts, your brain is unfair, not the event and ppl who are willing to do everything's possible to be on top, it's like if i'm a fat boy and i wanna look like a body builder without doing any phisical activity or training myself only 1hr/week.

It doesnt work like that man, ESPECIALLY in competitions.

Talking about myself:

Do i want that 'awesome' new mod? Yes.

Do i think it does worth to close myself the whole weekend in summer do get it? No.

Do i have the rights to blame? No.

End of the story.

The whole "you could just work harder to get it!" idea doesn't work in a case like this (particularly since drone spawns are essentially random).

Take the example I used earlier; put ten starving bums in a train car while telling them that only one can get a nice steak dinner. When you go back a few minutes later and they're all picking their teeth up from the floor after determining the winner, it's kind of a pointless exercise to tell the nine hobos that lost that they could've had their steak dinner if they fought harder. You damn well knew beforehand that nine of them were still going to be hungry no matter what.

- Kill 20+ Drones & receive a SNIPETRON VANDAL!

This Killed this event. They shouldnt have tell us the Reward.

Keep it hidden.

Give us something other than a reskinned weapon.

And your  event will be perfect. I really dont care about this even atm i dont like that weapon anyway even if it comes with a patato tomato or with a slot i dont care.

The whole "you could just work harder to get it!" idea doesn't work in a case like this (particularly since drone spawns are essentially random).

Take the example I used earlier; put ten starving bums in a train car while telling them that only one can get a nice steak dinner. When you go back a few minutes later and they're all picking their teeth up from the floor after determining the winner, it's kind of a pointless exercise to tell the nine hobos that lost that they could've had their steak dinner if they fought harder. You damn well knew beforehand that nine of them were still going to be hungry no matter what.

The competitions work like that, i may agree is not fair, but that's how they work, no matter what

The competitions work like that, i may agree is not fair, but that's how they work, no matter what

First and foremost, a competition in a game should be nothing if not fair.

Secondarily, that isn't even what you claimed; you claimed it was simply a matter of "working hard enough", which is bunk. Hell, it's directly at odds with your current claim that "oh, competitions are unfair" - pick one and stand by it.

Finally, I covered in the post before my last one, it shouldn't have been a competition in the first place since it has a cooperative objective and it's intended as a communal event. These things are mutually exclusive, particularly since the current setup encourages people to play alone.

Long and short, DE desperately needs to work on their people management skills and if they want to encourage teamwork and all that good stuff, actually provide a system and incentives that do that.

No.

Just no.

Run Ember with maxed WoF, Stretch, Focus, Continuity, Rush, Quick Rest, Marathon and additional mods on Kappa.

Use Dual Zoren speed trick and just keep running around demolishing everything, even in bigger lobbies.

You can EASILY get 30 Drones a round in a full squad.

That, my friend, is you hogging all the drones. If the other three ran individual missions, instead of just 30 drones, THE COMMUNITY would have gotten 120.

hmmm, all this talk about competition, like killing the drones required skill or something. There was no competition in this event at all. The top 100 is simply a measurement of who had the most time to spend on this game over the weekend and didn't mind doing the same thing again and again and again and again ect....

Competition to me implies some kinda of skill or such not. This event did not require skill at all. Farm the right mission, when your mini map goes fuzzy locate and kill drone. NO challenge NO skill = NO competition. Seriously all you had to do to get in the top 100 was have the time to spend.

(and a half way decent load out ready to go)

Edited by Carcharias

I'd say they gotten better com paired to the previous events, I believe that the events will only get better.

Thanks DE for the event (even though i was way too busy to sink into it properly)

Yep, it was totaly who got more free time event, nothing to do with skill or whatsoever that's why I didn't bother trying to get in top 100. Top players got 3600 drones? With average rate for top hunters being 100drones/hour its frigging 36 hours solo grind, 20+ to just get in bottom of top 100. I am TOTALY AGAINST such events in the future. There is no fair competition, there is no cooperation, it becomes really dull and annoying very fast.

Moreover, with community getting only 65% in 60+ hours than rushing 35% in 12 is very suspicious. Unlike kickstarter each player have a certain limit of time he can spend on this event, as he has to work his way through. I demand Info on a total of drones killed at the very least, and breakdown of drones killed ( 1-20 21-50 51-100 101-500 501-1000 1001-2000 2001+) versus number of players.

Edited by Aedwynn

Lots of people complaining about time being the only factor stopping them from getting top 100. Well the dedication it takes to farm these drones all weekend nonstop to get into the top 100 is not easy to come by. You can sit there and think "Oh well he only beat me because I had to take Jimmy to the doctor." and yes, you can't compete because of it. I don't enter marathons because I don't have the dedication or time it takes to spend all day running. Is a marathon any less fair than this? I don't think so. Almost every achievement is simply an investment in time. Do you go to a marathon to tell them their contest is unfair and they are stupid for wasting their time?

Edited by Excitonex

I don't think most are "complaining" that this event was all about time, I at least was just musing that it required little to no skill and as such the event was a poor vessel for "competition" in most modern definitions of the word. Not so much as a complaint as an observation. To the apparent greater majority the event did not qualify as "fun". There fore this event style should not be repeated in the future.