The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Humanoid Melee Units.

Rhorge

The melee units are far too easy to kill before they even get to you because they are very squishy and die instantly from any weapon you could possibly have. I think it's rather unnatural for intelligent beings to simply run at you and shove their faces into your gun barrel. My idea is that the humanoid melee units (Grineer and Corpus) should perform some sort of dodging maneuver to throw off your aim when you look directly at them.

I think that the Corpus cattleprod crew and the Grineer glowsticksword brigade could be a bit more evasive overall. Maybe try to ambush players. They wear light armor after all, so they can't afford direct assaults.

Higher level melee for grineer can teleport

Flameblades can do that, but they tend to teleport right into charged melee attacks half of the time. XD

They should probably teleport up behind you like Ash, then it would actually help them.

Edited by Voltyr

They do, Scropion ones, they shoot that blood cord at you, then pull you or run towards you.

That's not exactly being evasive though. They still bull rush you head on and that does not fit light, quick units.

They suppose to teleport behind you, that was their AI, but when you are in moviment you tend to move foward or backwards, and sometimes (not always tough) they teleport behind you. Most of the times they just pop up in front of you like "Oh Hi, you are swingin you sword? Great! Let me stand right in the way so you can get a free kill. Super, Thanks, see you next time ^^"

They suppose to teleport behind you, that was their AI, but when you are in moviment you tend to move foward or backwards, and sometimes (not always tough) they teleport behind you. Most of the times they just pop up in front of you like "Oh Hi, you are swingin you sword? Great! Let me stand right in the way so you can get a free kill. Super, Thanks, see you next time ^^"

That's a single enemy type, I'm talking about all of the melee units.

I can't help but wonder why enemies (other than the Infested) would think it's a good idea to run blindly at

hostile alien armed to the teeth and wearing an exoskeleton.

I mean, if they were just a maintenance crew who just happened to only have a saw or a wrench at hand

or was a civilian then I guess it would be a bit more understandable.

I've seen Sawmen trying to sneak up behind me. I'd be shooting something and I'd hear "WHOOSH WHOOSH CLANG" and turn around and this Sawman is hitting me in the back.

But then half of the time, anybody trying that gets Vaporized anyways lol.

God I love that little cube. "BZZZZZZZT!" Haha, sucks to be you.

But if there's two of them, he can only zap one and the other'll be swinging at me.

It doesn't make much sense to have it so that they are so easily killed. But then, there's nothing more annoying than Ancient Infested that run up to you and have a guaranteed knockdown attack which is kinda lame and half of the time they run faster than you do.

I do think the idea of a melee unit that deflects or greatly reduces ranged attacks efficacy and forces players into melee would be quite interesting for a change.

Say "Grineer Phantomfaust", no cc shenanigans, just a straight out battle hardened grineer, that is nearly impervious to ranged damage, and can only be killed by powers/ melee? Or Corpus "Anti Ballistic Ballista", that sits there shielded from ranged attacks, pelting at you till you move in to neutralize it. Or Infested "Hollow Husk" that phases in and out of of the void whenever you try to shoot it, thus needing to again, melee / frame power to get rid of it?