Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mass Effect Class

BaIthazar

I'm planning on installing Mass Effect again for another trilogy run, but I can't think of a class to play..

my last 2 were as soldier, and I really like it, access to all weapons and stuff was nice.
I want to try something different but having gotten used to being able to use all weapon types makes me hesitant to change it up..

question:
if I went Infiltrator or vanguard and later chose the specialization with soldier thrown in
do I get access to all weapons like soldier?

if I went soldier and later chose the Shock Trooper specialization (soldier/vanguard)
do I get access to biotic charge? (I've heard it's a broken and fun skill to use)

please note, I'm thinking of choosing something other than Soldier, but I don't really dig the ideo of using nothing but pistols.
so all the pistol only classes are out the window

P.S.
I asked this question in Warframe off topic forum because asking anywhere else would mean I had to make an account and stuff..
and besides, a guy asked "is a hamburger a sandwich" in this forum so I don't really see a problem :clem:

No on all counts. Specializations affect your abilities only, and Biotic Charge doesn't become a thing until ME2, and then only for Vanguards.

If you must use other weapons with pistol-only classes in ME1, be sure to get the "weapon mastery" achievement for the relevant weapon type and choose the weapon type as a bonus talent when creating your character.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey94 said:

If you must use other weapons with pistol-only classes in ME1, be sure to get the "weapon mastery" achievement for the relevant weapon type and choose the weapon type as a bonus talent when creating your character.

so if I went Vanguard and chose assault rifle as a bonus talent, the only weapon I can't use would be snipers and smgs right?
if that was the case than I think I know what I'm gonna use, because I hardly ever used snipers or smgs anyway..
and biotic charge in ME2 sounds awesome..

if I recall correctly weapons locked for specific classes is not a thing in ME3 anymore right?
been 2 years since my last playthrough

10 hours ago, BaIthazar said:

so if I went Vanguard and chose assault rifle as a bonus talent, the only weapon I can't use would be snipers and smgs right?
if that was the case than I think I know what I'm gonna use, because I hardly ever used snipers or smgs anyway..
and biotic charge in ME2 sounds awesome..

if I recall correctly weapons locked for specific classes is not a thing in ME3 anymore right?
been 2 years since my last playthrough

1. SMGs aren't a weapon class in ME1. It's just pistols, assault rifles, shotguns and snipers.

(As an aside, I'm not sure I'd take assault rifles on a Vanguard anyway. Overlap too much with pistols, especially when Marksman comes into play.)

2. Correct, there are no weapon restrictions in ME3 though the weight of your carried weapons affects your cooldown times.