Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

GPU temperatures rising

FreedEnergy

My GPU temperature seems to keep rising while playing warframe unless i run it on the minimum settings right now - i have a geforce gtx 950, and havent had issues in the past few months that i've been playing from what i noticed..

and my gpu seems to be fine running other games, will do more testing

On 1/5/2017 at 1:22 PM, FreedEnergy said:

My GPU temperature seems to keep rising while playing warframe unless i run it on the minimum settings right now - i have a geforce gtx 950, and havent had issues in the past few months that i've been playing from what i noticed..

and my gpu seems to be fine running other games, will do more testing

If the issue comes back, try these steps:

Something to note however, if you haven't overclocked your GPU, it should be incredibly difficult to make them overheat. They come with very robust heatsinks.

If they aren't able to keep the temps down, dust may be an issue, or airflow. Either check the fans and fins aren't covered with dust, or that your cases air intakes aren't being obstructed.

If your card is overheating because you are running without V-sync (like a lot of people do), enable a frame-limit above your monitors refresh rate then open your Nvidia CP and set "Vertical Sync" to "Fast".

"Fast" holds on to the last rendered frame until a new frame is created. So you don't get screen-tearing when you go over your monitors refresh (it means a fully rendered frame is always ready for submission)

Additionally, this should probably be in 'players helping players'. There isn't much DE can do for hardware issues.

• 2 weeks later...