Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re:Partying

Ignaeon

Question

I have literally done EVERY single thing from EVERY single post on these forums, gamespot and IGN, including but not limited to:

Port Forwarding to the default ports found at "ESC/Options/Gameplay" which were 4990 and 4995. I am not a tech wizard, but I am fairly certain I did this correctly.
I manually set my laptops IP address to avoid the router confusing the game with an automatic IP address.

I have enabled UPnP in my routers settings, both with and without an ethernet connection, and do to previous idiotic comments YES WITHOUT MY ETHERNET I WAS CONNECTED TO WI-FI.

And I COMPLETELY disabled ALL forms of anti-virus/firewall I had active while I tested my new settings.

Forgive me if I don't remember EVERY method I have tried, I learned quite a few new things about IP addresses, DNS addresses and manually setting up a router today.

My question

Is the North America server just cluttered with non-North Americans, or are the Warframe servers just utter S#&$?

This game is absolutely awesome and I really really really want to support it and see more content added, but if I can only play solo it kinda kills the game for me.

5 answers to this question

The game doesn't really utilize servers in mission. The game is pretty much completely Peer-To-Peer connection everywhere except for relays which have servers.

Whenever you get a Host Migration or a "Failed to Connect to Host", it typically either means that the host has horrible internet connection, that the host recently left the mission just before you joined so the game is switching hosts, or that the host lives a long distance from you.

If you mean that nobody is joining you in-mission, it either means that you are playing on a largely unpopulated mission node, that you are playing on a highly populated mission node and your instance is far down on the list for joinees to be selected, or that the game feels that you have bad connection and so won't send any players to your instance.

Also, yes people from all over the world typically play on either the North American and/or European servers.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205

1 minute ago, thewhitepanda1205 said:

The game doesn't really utilize servers in mission. The game is pretty much completely Peer-To-Peer connection everywhere except for relays which have servers. Whenever you get a Host Migration or a "Failed to Connect to Host", it typically either means that the host has horrible internet connection, that the host recently left the mission just before you joined so the game is switching hosts, or that the host lives a long distance from you. If you mean that nobody is joining you in-mission, it either means that you are playing on a largely unpopulated mission node, that you are playing on a highly populated mission node and your instance is far down on the list for joinees to be selected, or that the game feels that you have bad connection and so won't send any players to your instance.

I have played this game for 120 hours now, since December 23rd, and while this may not seem like a huge investment of time, atleast 50 of those hours are me being migrated or losing connection to a host. My internet is 90 mbps download and 20 mbps upload, which I was told was NOT the reason I am having these issues. I do appreciate the explanation, but feel I MUST point out that I am not stupid. I know how peer-to-peer lobbies operate. I have played many games that use P2P connections and have never had this issue before.
I don't want to sound rude, and if my response is received as rude, I apologize. I have been dealing with this issue for the last 12 hours and it has left me slightly irate.

33 minutes ago, Ignaeon said:

My question

Is the North America server just cluttered with non-North Americans, or are the Warframe servers just utter S#&$?

This game is absolutely awesome and I really really really want to support it and see more content added, but if I can only play solo it kinda kills the game for me.

Hit ESC, go to Options > Gameplay > Matchmaking Ping Limit > Set it to 100-150.

This will not prevent u from getting a terrible host, because sometimes the hosts upload speed just sucks, but i guess thats all u can do right now.... or get a clan and make sure u host yourself.

nvm.. i didnt read your post properly...

can u invite other players? try open your star map and invite someone from there.

connect to your router with a cable.

make sure your windows fire wall is off aswell.

Edited by ..-Hayden-Tenno-..

Just now, ..-Hayden-Tenno-.. said:

Hit ESC, go to Options > Gameplay > Matchmaking Ping Limit > Set it to 100-150.

This will not prevent u from getting a terrible host, because sometimes the hosts upload speed just sucks, but it will help you with your problem.

I have that set to no limit. I can host games fine. I cannot, no matter what, join a game.

I have played this game for 120 hours now, since December 23rd, and while this may not seem like a huge investment of time, atleast 50 of those hours are me being migrated or losing connection to a host. My internet is 90 mbps download and 20 mbps upload, which I was told was NOT the reason I am having these issues. I do appreciate the explanation, but feel I MUST point out that I am not stupid. I know how peer-to-peer lobbies operate. I have played many games that use P2P connections and have never had this issue before.
I don't want to sound rude, and if my response is received as rude, I apologize. I have been dealing with this issue for the last 12 hours and it has left me slightly irate.

Similar things happened to me when I started playing and so I either had to play solo or force myself to host. It can get somewhat better the more that you play, but I don't know what else to say. One thing though is that lately they have been having server problems and they have receiving many DDOS attacks recently. And also yes, you did come across as rude to me, but I understand your frustration.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205