The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EREBOS, the Umbrakinetic Warframe (NOW WITH ART +Base/Ability Stats)

Almighty_Jado

Warframe: Erebos, the Darkness

"This is Erebos, the silhouette of death upon the battlefield. With him, the light never seems to be bright enough."

Manufacturing Requirements:

Spoiler

Warframe

Spoiler

-25000 Credits

-Erebos Neuroptics

-Erebos Chassis

-Erebos Systems

-2000 Kuva

Neuroptics

Spoiler

-15000 Credits

-5 Morphics

-1000 Rubedo

-2 Neural Sensors

-1 Shadow Core

Chassis

Spoiler

-15000 Credits

-1 Morphics

-3000 Alloy Plate

-200 Polymer Bundle

-1 Shadow Core

Systems

Spoiler

-15000 Credits

-10 Morphics

-500 Rubedo

-2 Control Module

-1 Shadow Core

Component blueprints required for crafting Erebos can be found on a new Tileset unlocked after the Restless Shadows quest. Shadow Cores have a chance to drop from Misery.
erebos___the_umbrakinetic_frame_by_restl
[Artwork by @RestlessDraugr]
Erebos is an shadow manipulating warframe that centers around defensive skills and mobility. He uses the shadows to both move, strike, and build dark structures.

Base Stats

Spoiler

Health: 150 (350 at rank 30)
Shield: 70 (190 at rank 30)
Armour: 75
Power: 100 (150 at rank 30)
Sprint Speed: 0.99
Aura Polarity:  Madurai Pol
Other Polarities: 1x  Naramon Pol , 1x  Vazarin Pol

PASSIVE: UMBRAKINESIS

Spoiler

Erebos can walk near the deceased enemy and press the interaction key to absorb the shadow of his fallen foe. Erebos' shadow collection is displayed on a gauge next to his health bar. Erebos takes 1 full second to collect a shadow. While Erebos holds 10 or more shadows, he moves faster and visually casts a shadowy aura across the ground.

Movement Speed Boost at 10 Shadows: +15% (+25% at rank 30)

NOTE: This combos well with the Broken-Scepter's passive, allowing Erebos to gain Health/Energy every time he collects a shadow.

1: Creeping Darkness

Spoiler

Launches a ball of shadow at a single enemy, dealing puncture damage and blinding them. If that enemy is killed by the initial strike or during the blind's duration, a patch of shadow seeps out from around the enemy, creating a temporary zone of slowing, which remains present for 10/12/14/16 seconds. Enemies that stand in the zone for 8/7/6/5 seconds are blinded as well, but will NOT create another Shadow Zone. Enemies that die while Blinded (including the initial target) increase Erebos' Shadow Collection. Only 3 Shadow Zones can be active at once.

Cost: 30 energy

Shadow Ball Initial Damage: 150/200/300/450Impact b

Shadow Zone Slow Amount: 25/45/65/75%
Blind Duration: 2/4/6/8 seconds

NOTE: Enemies blinded by Erebos have a shadow clouding their vision as opposed to the usual white sparks.

Power Strength increases damage dealt by initial shadow ball.

Power Duration increases initial blind duration, and Shadow Zone duration. Also decreases time required by enemies to become blinded while inside Shadow Zones.

Power Efficiency reduces the energy cost of this ability.

Power Range increases radius of Shadow Zones.

AUGMENT:
Insulating Darkness- Erebos and his allies become one with the shadows while inside a Shadow Zone, granting a 20/35/50% chance for enemy projectiles to phase through you.

2. Envelope

Spoiler

Erebos forges a shadowy upgrade for his currently selected weapon, granting boosts to it for 15/18/21/24 seconds. Additionally, Erebos' maneuvering is 25% quicker while this ability is active. Swapping to a different weapon while active will end this boost prematurely. Holding this ability down causes Erebos to forge an upgrade of higher quality, consuming 1 Shadow and doubling the duration of this buff.
Cost: 50 energy
FOR MELEE WEAPONS: Your melee weapon visually gains a swirl of darkness around the blade/striking head. Attack speed is increased by 30%, and movement speed is increased by 60/64/67/70% for 2/3/4/5 seconds after kills.
FOR SECONDARY WEAPONS: Your pistol visually gains a swirl of darkness around its magazine. Magazine capacity is increased by 15/20/25/30 while status and critical chance are increased by 12/20/28/36%.
FOR PRIMARY WEAPONS: Your rifle visually gains a swirl of darkness around its muzzle. Projectile flight speed is increased by 50%. Fire rate is increased by 20%. Damage is increased by 23/27/31/35%.

Power Strength increases Melee attack speed, Secondary status & crit chance, and Primary damage.
Power Duration Increases Envelope's total duration as well as melee post-kill bonus speed length.

Power Range has no effect.

AUGMENT:
Enveloping Forge- Envelope can be cast on allies. Allies only benefit from 40/50/60% of the buff's stats.

3. Shadeport

Spoiler

Erebos becomes like a violent maelstrom of darkness, surging forward. Capable of letting Erebos phase through small walls and obstacles (with the exception of certain objective rooms (ie. Data Vaults)). All enemies located nearby Erebos' initial location and destination are knocked down and take damage from a burst of shadows. This ability can also be charged by holding the key down, consuming up to 4 shadows from Erebos' Shadow Collection. Each shadow consumed grants this ability 10% more damage (up to 40%).

Cost: 50 energy
Initial and destination Shadow Burst damage: 100/160/230/285 Impact b

Power Strength increases damage dealt by initial and destination shadow bursts.

Power Duration has no effect.

Power Range increases the possible distance able to be covered, as well as radius of the shadow bursts.

AUGMENT:
Shadestrike- Shadeport will always consume at least 1 Shadow when used. The burst of shadows created from this ability gains a 25/50/75% chance to inflict status effects from your primary weapon, and your next melee attack will launch a bolt of Creeping Darkness.

4. Kage Defender

Spoiler

Erebos uses the shadows in his collection to begin constructing a Kage Defender orb. Each Kage Defender costs 5 Shadows, plus energy. During the construction, Erebos cannot move or take any actions for 5 seconds. Upon completing the construction, the Kage Defender remains stationary, zapping enemies with powerful dark lightning. Erebos cannot place more than 1/2/3/4 Kage Defenders at once. Building a second/third/fourth/fifth one will cause the earliest built orb to disappear. Kage Defenders have a certain amount of health and melt back into darkness when destroyed. They can be repaired by interacting with them, consuming 2 shadows from Erebos' collection.
Erebos can use Shadeport to enter a Kage Defender, allowing him to control it. While under his control, Erebos can aim the turret and fire exploding darkness shells, which deal increased damage and create Creeping Shadow's Shadow Zones if there still isn't the maximum amount of them active already. Erebos is invulnerable while inside the orb, but the orb will take 37% more damage while he is within it. Jumping or casting Shadeport will allow Erebos to exit.

Cost: 100 energy + 5 Shadows
Dark Lightning damage: 100/150/200/250Magnetic b
RPM: 150 RPM
Dark Shell damage: 120/200/280/360Blast b
Kage Defender HP: 600/1100/1500/1900

Power Strength increases Kage Defender dark lightning and dark shell damage.

Power Duration decreases Kage Defender construction time. It also increases their attack speeds slightly. Additionally, affects created Shadow zones in the same way as Creeping Darkness.

Power Efficiency decreases energy cost to construct Kage Defenders, as well as reduces the cost of Shadeport to enter an orb.

Power Range increases range of Kage Defender dark lightning, blast radius of dark shells, and Shadow Zone radius.

AUGMENT:
Kage Conqueror- Erebos can only create 1 Kage Defender. In exchange, its damage is boosted by 95/120/145%, and generates an aura that increases the movement speed of allies and slows enemies.

Thanks Reb and Meg for featuring my concept on Prime Time #152!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJBXIbXGAKg

Also see my newest OF:

Edited by Almighty_Jado

I love the idea of walking through walls and crap.

1. I think it needs a little push. Most of the concepts I've seen here are pretty OP, and when you think about it, so are some warframes. I think it would be great if Kage Defender could allow teammates to enter and use the turret as well, with only 1 user per kage. EDIT: I do think that this warframe ability would be good on a different type of warframe, as it doesn't quite match the theme of this one.

2. The passive is quite pretty and interesting, but I feel like you could make a truly unique and interesting one to do with shadows.

3. How much damage does shadeport do? Is it a good thing to spam its activation? Can you attack when doing it? What damage do you receive while in it?

4. I love the idea of walking through walls I love the idea of walking through walls I love the idea of walking through walls I love the idea of walking through walls I love the idea of walking through walls I love the idea of walking through walls  I love the idea of walking through walls I love the idea of walking through walls

Spoiler

I love the idea of walking through walls I love the idea of walking through walls I love the idea of walking through walls I love the idea of walking through walls I love the idea of walking through walls I love the idea of walking through walls I love the idea of walking through walls

Edited by Disruptis
Additional information

1. Hmm maybe you're right, I'll think on this one

2. Yeah, the passive right now is kind of a placeholder until I can think of something better...

3. Shadeport acts similarly to the Operator's Void Dash (so you cant attack or take damage). Its damage is mediocre, you're better off spamming your 1 or attacking with your 2.

4. :poop:

EDIT: reworked

Edited by Almighty_Jado

• 2 weeks later...