Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account Issue: Negative Plat

RoadGGG

Question

I didn't know where to post this, so I figured I'd post this here...

So about a couple months ago, I bought the Mag Prime pack when I had a reasonable sum of money prior to losing my job, I had a solid sum of cash in my account, and bought it while thinking that I had enough money for it and other bills. However, three weeks after the fact, after my bills had been paid and my money had been spent, what I thought was a fraudulent charge had hit my bank account via steam. I shut down my card, changed my steam password, ect ect. Of course, I didn't realize that the charge was actually the Mag Prime pack's charge having been delayed by about three weeks. When the charge back was issued (several months later), I realized this and felt stupid, especially since I was locked out of my account due to a negative plat balance; so now that I have a job again, I wanna try and fix this issue... only I'm having some trouble.

I cannot get in contact with my credit card company and my bank says that they can't do anything at this point, and Steam has been less than helpful with trying to re-establish payment. I want to play Warframe again; I've missed out on so much new content because of this stupid mistake I made, and I need help. If any guy at DE can help me find a way to pay back the wrongly charge backed prime pack, that would be super helpful.

2 answers to this question

Unfortunately, the only way to remedy accidental reverse charges is to reestablish/remake the payment. Basically, when the charge reversal occurred, the platinum and items associated with the pack were promptly removed. If you used some of the platinum you bought, it will result in negative platinum (and result in an immediate ban).

If you have the money available in your debit/credit account, you can probably purchase Prime Access or a Platinum Pack to make up for the negative platinum that resulted from the purchased platinum being removed.

Though, since the Mag Prime pack is no longer available, you may not be able to regain the items contained within that pack.