Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weekend Event Feedback: Sorry Wrong Direction.

xenapan

The individualized kill counts = everything this game usually isnt. Same with the enemy.

1. It discourages Co-op. HEAVILY. Suddenly the multiplayer game goes solo. New enemies should ENCOURAGE grouping. not discourage it.

2. Putting the "prizes" out there.

a) should have kept everything hidden till the end. I really dont care for sniper rifles. Not my style. I'll get it just to have it but revealing it gave me no incentive to actually play.

b) 20 could be 1 good run or like 9 or 10 bad ones. Not to mention people will stop at 20 knowing they will "get" the prize. you give people inbetween the top 100 and the people who only want the snipertron nothing to do. Should I keep farming? nah... not like I will hit top 100. I got my 20 already.  Personally I did 288 kills (I think) just to help put my clan on the board (and not drag us down) but really.. the moment it got boring... I stopped.

3. Most boring enemy EVER. it doesnt move, it doesnt shoot, it REQUIRES you to kill in 1 shot so they don't even get alot of screen time. no dodging, no running away.. its just boring. It feels like fighting corpus cameras. you kill them because the later effects are annoying. not because they actually do anything to you. They don't add any difficulty to the game, they don't change the way you play. Fusion moas were a good design cause they were aggressive, annoying because they would split off after taking some damage, and they had the new flux weapon. Informers are just... boring. they sit there, pose no threat at all. You clear the room, then take your time taking them out. If anything they slow DOWN the pace of the game and between that and point 1, the fact you are grinding the same mission over and over to get them to spawn makes it incredibly DULL and boring very fast.

Things you SHOULD have done.

1. Tier by kill percentiles. top say.. 5%  get prizes a,b,c, top 10% get a+b, top 50% get a. Right now you have 20 kills, then top 100. Everyone that would usually fall in between has 0 incentive to compete. Esp people who are out for the weekend for a day I assume would logically avoid much more than 20 since they miss out on a good chunk of the event and won't have good chances for getting top 100.

2. Don't reveal the prize until after the event. Mystery is good.

3. You don't NEED to specify the bonus prizes. Just saying they are there is enough. Same with the clan thing. You can decide before or after but you don't need to tell us.

4. Make the enemy INTERESTING to fight against. Make it tough. make it require cooperation... don't force people to compete with their friends and clanmates for kills. Stylistically, fusion moas were great because they packed a punch, didn't make an easy target.

5. INCREASE THE SPAWN RATE. Like by 300%, 400%. Looking at the original design I thought COOL! stealthy combat drones that cloak! instead we got boring spy cams. If they flew around as fast as (if not faster than) shield ospreys, and executed hit and run maneuvers with their cloaking they would have been an AWESOME enemy to fight against. Instead we are clearing out a room, then taking our time looking for the floaters. The spawn rate is way too low for a enemy swarm they should replace some of the enemies. So during the event it could be lancers spawn at 85%, troopers at 80%, scorpions 80% etc, and all of those "missing" spawns would spawn the event enemy instead.

6. This would have been the PERFECT time to introduce a new game mode like a revamped endless defense. Have just piles of drones POUR out of hangar bays to flood the skies. It was great that the fusion moas heralded the coming orokin towers. A survival mode would have been awesome where you just kill as many as you can before they kill you. Instead we are running normal missions while mostly ignoring objectives to search and destroy these immobile drones. Ugh.

He's right though. I saw snipetron vandal and immediatley went "Eh". I want it because it's limited edition, but I'll never use it. I actually sold my other vandal weapons because while they were really really good, they weren't fun. I find the Paris fun, as far as snipers go. I thought the kunais were fun until they became instagib weapons.  The Snipetron? I sold it almost as soon as I got it when it was available. It's a great weapon and lots of people love it. Just not me.

No.

I personally an having fun with this event. Don't be ungrateful. DE gave us a fair event with an accessible prize in the end. How could you complain? I find that qiute rude.... but never the less I respect you opinion.

Thanks for the event, DE. Much love.

P.S. Plus if they didn't tell you the prize, when the event ended, you would whine twice as much about the gun you didn't want to use. So the event has been completely fair especially towords pople like you. If you dislike the prize don't waste time with chaicing it (full respect for playng for your clan!). After all not everyone likes snipers (neither do I for that matter). But we should appriciate the nice gesture - an exclusive unique gun for our collections.

Edited by zombaio

I just want to point out that after the fusion moa event there was a lot people voicing unhappiness about the fact that the rewards weren't shown up front, and many posters were saying if they had known what the prizes were they would have participated much more fiercely. So I'm guessing that revealing the prizes and what it takes to attain them is based on that feedback.

Personally I like the fact that they show the prizes and the amount you need to qualify for the bare minimum. My job requires me to work Fri, Sat, Sun so I only have a couple of hours a night to play during weekend events. I'm going to keep killing the little air sacks when I can to help out my clan, but it removes the feeling of "will I actually be able to get the prize or am I just wasting my time."

I will agree that the drones could do a little more though. At the least having them be able to move would have been better.

It's start with a stealth event, where you have to kill those INFORMer with one shoot-without being detected, or else they will ring the alert and then all other informer in the map will disappear.

The idea sound good until they chicken-out, afraid that players will realize how half-assed stealth mechanic this game having.

So in the end, it's pure grinding all over again(Which not so bad, peoples seem accepting it well).

Edited by Hameln

5. INCREASE THE SPAWN RATE. Like by 300%, 400%. Looking at the original design I thought COOL! stealthy combat drones that cloak! instead we got boring spy cams. If they flew around as fast as (if not faster than) shield ospreys, and executed hit and run maneuvers with their cloaking they would have been an AWESOME enemy to fight against. Instead we are clearing out a room, then taking our time looking for the floaters. The spawn rate is way too low for a enemy swarm they should replace some of the enemies. So during the event it could be lancers spawn at 85%, troopers at 80%, scorpions 80% etc, and all of those "missing" spawns would spawn the event enemy instead.

6. This would have been the PERFECT time to introduce a new game mode like a revamped endless defense. Have just piles of drones POUR out of hangar bays to flood the skies. It was great that the fusion moas heralded the coming orokin towers. A survival mode would have been awesome where you just kill as many as you can before they kill you. Instead we are running normal missions while mostly ignoring objectives to search and destroy these immobile drones. Ugh.

It's a spy drone. Why the heck would spy drones be more common than soldiers??? And, besides, I've gotten up to 7 of them in a single room before. The spawn rate is perfectly fine.

But yes, they do need to do more than just float there. However, I do not want to see them just be the Grineer version of Ospreys. A repeated unit with a different look is far more boring and annoying than a fully unique unit. The different factions have different tactics. The Informers should reflect that.

No.

I personally an having fun with this event. Don't be ungrateful. DE gave us a fair event with an accessible prize in the end. How could you complain? I find that qiute rude.... but never the less I respect you opinion.

P.S. Plus if they didn't tell you the prize, when the event ended, you would whine twice as much about the gun you didn't want to use. So the event has been completely fair especially towords pople like you. If you dislike the prize don't waste time with chaicing it (full respect for playng for your clan!). After all not everyone likes snipers (neither do I for that matter). But we should appriciate the nice gesture - an exclusive unique gun for our collections.

Its called feedback not being rude.

(2) no thank you.

plenty of people felt they wasted their weekend when they saw the prize was not something they wanted for the first extermination event. yes some didnt want the frost pirme. either because they arent frost users or they didnt have the slots.

you NEED to be able to see if its something you want. otherwise you will feel like you are working an ENTIRE WEEKEND for something you could potentially not want, or raise your expectations to the point where NO prize will warrant an entire weekend wasted farming countless hours.

for an event that is a few hours or a day? sure. for an entire weekend? i better know what im getting into.

It's a spy drone. Why the heck would spy drones be more common than soldiers??? And, besides, I've gotten up to 7 of them in a single room before. The spawn rate is perfectly fine.

But yes, they do need to do more than just float there. However, I do not want to see them just be the Grineer version of Ospreys. A repeated unit with a different look is far more boring and annoying than a fully unique unit. The different factions have different tactics. The Informers should reflect that.

yeah. sure. but the intro video said HORDES of drones. I'm not feeling HORDES I feel dozens... hundreds. not thousands or hundreds of thousands. Sure you can get 7 in a room if you are lucky. but most rooms will have one or two. and they certianly arent in every room. I never said they should be grineer versions of ospreys. i said SPEED of ospreys or faster. please read.

(2) no thank you.

plenty of people felt they wasted their weekend when they saw the prize was not something they wanted for the first extermination event. yes some didnt want the frost pirme. either because they arent frost users or they didnt have the slots.

you NEED to be able to see if its something you want. otherwise you will feel like you are working an ENTIRE WEEKEND for something you could potentially not want, or raise your expectations to the point where NO prize will warrant an entire weekend wasted farming countless hours.

for an event that is a few hours or a day? sure. for an entire weekend? i better know what im getting into.

well yeah. and now that they announced it, i now don't really want or care for another sniper rifle. especially one that i've already had and used and maxed out with probably just one polarity slot on it. I'd also care more about the mod if it was actually useful but a 1/X shots getting a nice damage boost when damage is plentiful is just.. meh.

While yes I totally agree with you: its nice to not to farm all weekend to get something you don't like. Or feel like you wasted your time getting a prize that won't ever meet your expectations but on the flip side, it really dampens the mood where if a large chunk of the population decides the prizes aren't worth the time, it might not even finish.

No.

It's not that I'm ungrateful. I just don't agree with the direction they've taken SINCE the first event. Read the topic title. It's called constructive criticism. I'm telling them all the things I think they did wrong (in my book) that shouldn't have happened and what should have been done. 

And no, I would get the gun regardless cause I've got roughly 300 kills and I would do that regardless of what the prizes were. I would do MORE kills if I didn't know the prize, but I wouldn't do less. What I AM complaining about is there is no incentive for people like me who DON'T like the prize to keep killing. This event is very polarized, either you aim for top 100, or 20. both of which aren't healthy mediums.