Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WTS Ballistica Riven (Damage+Multishot)

101.4% Multishot

194.2% Damage

Doubles DPS

Asking price 1.5k P   

Also accepting offers and trades for Godly Rivens for

Akstiletto (damage + Status chance +Multishot) 

Tigris (Damage + multishot + status) either damage or multi with status

Opticor (Crit Chance + Crit Damage + Damage + Multishot + Fire rate) in any good combo

Warframe0007.jpg

SOLD 1.3k

Edited by Minibeave10
Sold
10 minutes ago, InsomnIaC. said:

Before someone rips you off with a Tigris riven with status on it:

As long as it has multishot or damage on it, or both, I'd still want a status chance riven. Multishot + Status would be ideal, with maybe some elemental, reload speed, or clip size on it. Wouldnt buy it just for the status, that'd be a waste

Edited by Minibeave10
3 minutes ago, Minibeave10 said:

As long as it has multishot or damage on it, or both, I'd still want a status chance riven. Multishot + Status would be ideal, with maybe some elemental, reload speed, or clip size on it. Wouldnt buy it just for the status, that'd be a waste

I don't think you understood the point I was trying to get across, and I admit I didn't make much effort to explain it with just that link above..

Status chance on any shotgun or innate multishot weapon (e.g. Brakk, Pyrana) does virtually nothing for status PER PELLET. While the overall status chance in your arsenal UI is a reflection of the probability for AT LEAST one pellet to proc, even if that value is at 54.4%, this means that for a base pellet count of 17.6 (with Hell's Chamber on the Tigris Prime) that 54.4% can be approximated as being divided among each pellet, resulting in a base status chance of about 3-4% per pellet.

The exception to this rule is when status chance (without multishot) hits 100%. At this point in time, ALL pellets will do a status proc, which is what makes the Tigris Prime so effective at being a slash proc dps monster.

The problem with Tigris rivens is that the disposition is so low that the likelihood of finding a Tigris riven with 53.4% status chance (to replace a 60/60 on Tigris Prime) or a 60% status chance riven (to add on to a 4 60/60 modded Sancti Tigris) is close to zero. Any status chance below that does close to nothing to improve the overall proc chance, despite what it says on your UI. You can take any shotgun into the Simulacrum to test for yourself, or you can watch this video:

Spoiler

Hence, as expounded on above, status is a waste of a trait on a Riven unless you're into that miniscule increase from say 3-4% per pellet to 5-6% per pellet. Even so, you'll be doing that at the cost of less value on your other two traits, which is detrimental to the overall dps you're getting out from the Riven.

The actual math is explained in the video, but to justify my argument I'll try to explain it here as well.

Spoiler

Tigris Prime base pellet count is 8 and base status chance is 30%. 30% = chance for at least 1 pellet to proc.

Hence, chance for no pellet to proc at all is 70% = 0.7

Individual chance for each pellet to not proc = (chance for no pellet to proc at all)^(1/[no. of pellets]) = 0.7^(1/8) = 0.956394

{You can understand this equation the reverse way: if a pellet has X chance to proc, and a shotgun shoots N pellets, then the chance of all N pellets not proccing = (1-X)^N. Reversing the above, you can see that the value (1-X) can be obtained by taking: (chance of all N pellets not proccing)^(1/N).}

Individual chance for each pellet to proc = 1 - 0.956394 = 0.043606 ~= 4.36%

Same can be done when installing only Hell's Chamber on your Tigris Prime in the arsenal:

Tigris Prime pellet count with HC is 17.6 and stated status on arsenal UI is 54.4%

Chance for no pellet to proc at all is 45.6% = 0.456

Individual chance for each pellet to not proc = 0.456^(1/17.6) = 0.956364 (same as above, with differences attributed to rounding error)

TL;DR: Status chance does little to nothing for shotguns and innate multishot weapons unless it is able to take it to 100%. You're better off not having it on a Tigris riven if it can't reach the specified breakpoints for the Tigris Prime (at least 53.4%) and Sancti Tigris (at least 60%).