Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I may not wanna hear Ordis yammering on, but I DO want to hear his quest lines!

Bassem

I keep Ordis volume turned down because he gets repetitive after a while. However, whenever I start a quest, Ordis always has unique lines to deliver and I (and I assume other players) do want to hear those. Why is it so difficult to separate those out in the settings?

I just missed an entire cutscene because I tried Alt-F4ing to rejoin and raise Ordis' voice, but the game assumed I just watched the whole thing. The infested door in my ship opened and I found an entire room and a seat with an option to "cure cyst". Doing that, Ordis started talking and I force quit the game so I could repeat it and hear him. However now my frame's cyst is gone and the door is locked again. Very annoying. Now I have no idea what all that was about.

And if anyone can please tell me what happens when you trigger that scene (sitting in the chair to remove the cyst), I'd be grateful.

PS. I do not have Nidus. The cyst just appeared on all my frames.

Edited by Bassem

7 minutes ago, Bassem said:

Thanks, and what happens then that removes my cyst and locks the door? Does this have to do with a quest?

After that you hear a 'voice' saying ("Why do you reject our Beauty?"). The Ordis line originally plays when you sit on the chair 'for the first time' as Nidus (Since Nidus is the original, and still only frame with which you can open the infested door. The 'voice' is original, though).

As for who the 'voice' is, you'll get a much better idea if you craft Nidus and enter the room.

Friendly Tip: Stay in the room as Nidus for a while before 'sitting in the chair'. Ordis plays some pretty interesting lines on intervals, which stop after you 'sit' as Nidus. Said lines are repeated if you exit and enter the room again, though (If you have not sat as Nidus yet)

Edited by ShadowMark25

Thanks for the feedback Bassem. You now have another option for muting Ordis' generic transmissions in the landing craft: try disabling 'Enable Hint Transmissions' in the Options > Audio menu. This will cause the generic Ordis transmissions to no longer play but will still play Ordis transmissions relevant to game play and quests.

46 minutes ago, [DE]erichdigital said:

Thanks for the feedback Bassem. You now have another option for muting Ordis' generic transmissions in the landing craft: try disabling 'Enable Hint Transmissions' in the Options > Audio menu. This will cause the generic Ordis transmissions to no longer play but will still play Ordis transmissions relevant to game play and quests.

So that's what that does. Thanks for including this!