Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash tips

RegoAnkris

Question

Hello everyone,

So I was wondering if I could get some tips on how to play ash efficently, because the only thing I do is spam the smoke bomb and go melee or explosive shurikens(best weapon ever). I only use the 1 for fun and I almost never touch the 3 or 4 abilites. I know the 3 is quite good with the syndicate mod but I'm still far from obtaining it. The 4 for me is just too slow since I can cast smoke bomb and start building the melee combo counter. So is there any way to play with his other abilities, it just feels weird to only use one of them.

Also, for his build, should I aim for power duration and efficency?

Thank you for your attention

Edited by RegoAnkris

12 answers to this question

22 hours ago, BUAHAHAHAHA said:

I dont play him mut my friend did. Since his nerf he is useless, i mean yeah you can play him, you can also play oberon.

Yeah hes been nerfed..but he is still a great warframe even now. I still play him and he can go through practically anything easily.

Rego if you want, message me privately over the forums and i'll help you out.

The way I have fun with him is go for a duration and efficiency build. Some strength and neutral or slightly under 100 range.

Playstyle is to stay invis most often and teleport often as well. Melee every now and then to keep up your combo but you can use guns for most of the mission. Use both Body Count and Drifting Contact on your melee for maximum combo duration. The high combo scales bladestorm so when you need to clear a room, simply swipe from one side of the screen to the other and click again and it'll kill everything. You only need 1 mark per enemy cause with a combo of lets say 3x melee, you'll do as much dmg as 3 marks and you have to go in very deep to need more damage than that. Overall it's easy to sustain, often fast to reach 2.5x or 3x combo and hits hard when needed. This is what works for me at least and I've never enjoyed him as much as now.

Don't listen to people who say he's useless, most just try to force the old builds and playstyles and say he's useless cause they don't work the same or simply hop on the hate train cause they're embarrassed to play it.

6 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

The way I have fun with him is go for a duration and efficiency build. Some strength and neutral or slightly under 100 range.

Playstyle is to stay invis most often and teleport often as well. Melee every now and then to keep up your combo but you can use guns for most of the mission. Use both Body Count and Drifting Contact on your melee for maximum combo duration. The high combo scales bladestorm so when you need to clear a room, simply swipe from one side of the screen to the other and click again and it'll kill everything. You only need 1 mark per enemy cause with a combo of lets say 3x melee, you'll do as much dmg as 3 marks and you have to go in very deep to need more damage than that. Overall it's easy to sustain, often fast to reach 2.5x or 3x combo and hits hard when needed. This is what works for me at least and I've never enjoyed him as much as now.

Don't listen to people who say he's useless, most just try to force the old builds and playstyles and say he's useless cause they don't work the same or simply hop on the hate train cause they're embarrassed to play it.

^ This is good advice for Ash. It is how I play Ash too.

Use bladestorm on singular targets at a time. Spamming it takes up a lot of energy.

Smokebomb goes away rather fast. Use it minimally.

Teleport is really best when you're on the run, unless you have fatal teleport.

Shuriken is really great against those damn ospreys.

19 minutes ago, BUAHAHAHAHA said:

I dont play him mut my friend did. Since his nerf he is useless, i mean yeah you can play him, you can also play oberon.

2 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

What i mean by him being useless is that he doesnt have a role now, he was dps for high lvl missions and some low-med lvl ones, now he is just meh. His dps is not as good as before, his ult cant clear all enemies. Loki is now just better than him.

Still if you want to go and play around then why not? I sometimes play oberon for fun.

5 minutes ago, BUAHAHAHAHA said:

What i mean by him being useless is that he doesnt have a role now, he was dps for high lvl missions and some low-med lvl ones, now he is just meh. His dps is not as good as before, his ult cant clear all enemies. Loki is now just better than him.

Still if you want to go and play around then why not? I sometimes play oberon for fun.

DPS with him is valid though :/   Yeah it takes some line of sight to aim them but in bursts against groups it works wonders on Mot in the void for over 1h+ deep in the mission. Can't really understand how he's not good dps since his power's output wasn't changed.

13 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

Thats actually quite useful to know thank you very much! I'm actually using a combo builder and status kronen(I know it's not the best weapon but it looks sick) and a lot of time I just get lazy and start doing slide attacks while invis. But what you told me sounds fun and you actually use the 4 ability so great info.

Just now, Major_Phantom said:

DPS with him is valid though :/   Yeah it takes some line of sight to aim them but in bursts against groups it works wonders on Mot in the void for over 1h+ deep in the mission. Can't really understand how he's not good dps since his power's output wasn't changed.

I didnt say that he is not good dps, he is decent but compared to before nerf he is S#&$, simply because he cant mark all enemies so he cant clear efficiently - enemy AI wont let him.