Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Rewards need to be tied in with a Difficulty System

GianCott12

MJN3WtY.jpg

So this was the result after finally completing today's Sortie (Sargas Ruk Lvl. 100, Bows-Only). Sure, with a better group, it could've been slightly easier, but nonetheless: this took time.

I'm not one to typically complain, but this RNG nonsense has to stop when it comes to harder Sorties. The gamble that goes into doing Sortie missions for rewards is honestly quite unnecessary, considering some Sorties are much more difficult than others and require more time. Thus, I have a suggestion:

A Difficulty System to tie in with the Sortie Rewards. To further elaborate, what I'm proposing is a system in which certain Sortie mission combinations result in varied percentages for Sortie rewards. For example, let's say Monday's Sortie consists of (G. Exterminate w/DFog, G. Rescue w/EnergyRed., G. Survival w/RadHazard). These are fairly-easy mission types, so the percentages for rewards will be higher in Common/Uncommon than Rare/Legendary. 

Meanwhile, let's say Tuesday's Sortie has (C. Rescue w/ElectroAnom, C. Spy w/ AugShields, Hyena Pack w/ Bows-Only) Much more difficult than before, the percentages would flip for rewards, having rarer rewards higher up.

In essence, the system would be akin to the Relic System: the harder the Sortie missions, the greater the chance for rare rewards. To give another example of how it would work, here would be the values (from highest to lowest) for the factions, mission type, and handicap:

Factions: Corpus, Grineer, and Infested || Type: Assassination, Survival, Hijack, Excavation, Interception, Exterminate, Sabotage, Defense, Spy, and Rescue ||

Handicaps: Augmented Armor/Shields, Weapon-Only (Bow, Sniper, Melee, Secondary, Rifle, Shotgun), Enemy Elemental/Physical Enhancement, Enemy Physical/Elemental Resistance, Eximus Stronghold, Electromagnetic Anomalies, Energy Reduction, Cryogenic Leakage, Fire, Extreme Cold, Radiation Hazard, Low Gravity, and Dense Fog) ||

For the Physical Resistances/Enhancements, the order is: Slash, Puncture, and Impact || For Elemental Resistances/Enhancements: Radiation, Magnetic, Corrosive, Viral, Gas, Electricity, Toxin, Fire, Cold, and Blast {These values would change depending on effectiveness (i.e. Corpus Resist. to Magnetic worth more than Corpus Resist. to Corrosive)}

Of course, it goes without saying that the level range of each mission also affects the values (i.e. C. Rescue w/RadHazard as Mission 2 worth more than if it was Mission 1).

So there's a suggestion (if the mods move this to Concepts, by all means). At any rate, this dependence on Sortie RNG needs to end.

Personally think that the reward system just needs to be amped up like 5k endo instead of 2k and 10k instead of 4 remove all lenses and forma and turn it into a token plus random reward system. One more thing larger amounts of credits because I get 10 times literally the amount of credits from akkad then I do any sortie in just a quarter of the time.