Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Builds

(PSN)EirBaer

Question

Not sure if there's a thread already built about this. Really dont want to take the time to search through all the posts to find it, so im gonna just make one.

I was wondering what build is the best for a balance between dps and tank. I have Trinity Prime, Saryn Prime, and Valkyr. Also wanted to know if it differs from frame to frame. I seem to be doing okay with the build i have, but im still lagging behind in missions. I cant help but feel like im missing something.

Edited by (PS4)Blank-Z17

2 answers to this question

I can't give you an answer as I'm not sure what level of damage or defense we talking about.

On non-endless missions you can easily bring any warframe and they will get out of those mission alive without any issues.

if you are talking about endless, then how far down the timer are we talking about?

20mins? 40mins? 60mins? 120? 420? or Sorties?

On any non endless or 20~40mins endless missions, Saryn will out damage everyone else on your list. After 40mins her ability damage will start to appear damage falling off. Then depending on your weapons, Trinity/Valkyr will slowly out kills her (assuming she's only spamming abilities). Do note that Viral proc also helps you take out enemies way faster as it reduces a % out of your enemy's health. 

Defensive side, Trinity gets a 75% on top of a 75% damage reduction which you can stay all the way to 60mins+ enemies without worrying your life, just keep your abilities up and watch out for nullers.

Saryn's regen molt is extremely superior for the first 40mins of survs, after the 40mins mark you might want to start dodging and take less damage with your face, but after the 60mins mark the regen molt wouldn't save you if you aren't careful.

Valkyr by default has the highest armor of all of the others, and accidentally walking into a nuler ain't going to destroy you instantly, she could take a few hits even on the 60mins mark, but heavies like corpus tech and toxic infested testicle lady can still nearly one shot you. Hysteria can give a little breathing room but don't stay in there too long, the progressive increase of energy consumption will bite you in the @$$. Hysteria can also provide some insane damage if you know how to properly use slide attacks. Keeping your war cry up will also increase your armor thus make you stay alive longer bundle with a attack speed buff which is more damage if you are a melee player.

TL;DR

Damage: Saryn>Valkyr>Trinity

Defense: Trinity>Valkyr>Saryn

Depending on the situation, if you are looking at infested eximus stronghold which everyone are usually at zero energy all the time then

Or

Missions that nulers will sudden appear next to you.

Then:

Valkyr>Saryn>Trinity

Simply because I usually put a Rage mod on my Saryn and Valkyr.

The best balance of offense and defense in conclusion?

Solo and far down the timer, Valkyr/Trinity(with weapons that could keep yo *@##$es in line, such as the tigris series. Melee works very well too if you know what you are doing)

Non endless, Saryn

Always a team player, Trinity (Why the hell you need to worry about damage when your team is going to do it for you? Just juice those #@*&$@s.)

Now I don't share my builds, but I recommend you to look at warframe builder, ask some old players for meta builds, or just play your damn frames and see which type of modding best suits you. Nobody understands my builds, but they work for me...outstandingly.