Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pallas map - Gears of Warframe (5.4.x update)

Kse_

So, the new Ceres asteroid. Great! That's what the game needed - some new environments (I hope more will come).

But, I've played a portion of the Pallas map (until a bug locked me in the room with no way to exit) and frankly the gameplay sucks. Like the large corridor near the start: 20 enemies run up and take cover. They have ridiculous damage and lethal grenades, which can kill me when I have 600 sheild and 100+ health. So all I can do is also take cover and pick them one by one as they lean from cover or occassionally run towards me. And in the meantime, wait for the shield to recharge.

Pretty much Gears of War. And I hate Gears...

What I like about Warframe so far is its stupidly simplistic funny gameplay. Run towards 3 enemies with a Scindo, slice two of them with one blow and crush the 3rd one. Get surrounded by 10 enemies on the stairs and exterminate them with some area denial power you have. Basically something like a coop scifi version of Devil May Cry with more guns. That's what I think is the fun in Warframe.

Just sayin' - hoping for more updates with more varied maps, just don't turn this into another generic cover-based shooter ;)

I'll post a screen when I get back to the area. On second try of Pallas I spawned in a different area, is the map randomized? Anyway on this 2nd try I got pinned down by gunfire and grenades of a few distant Grineers, maybe they just have too much damage. Maybe this map is overly difficult when playing solo.

BTW I got stuck on the new Testhys map when I spawned in an existing game. I'll try to retrace later.

I've been hauling &#! around the new maps at an amazing pace (+75% sprint speed, god almighty) and seem to be avoiding fire alright. I love how mobility is such a huge factor in the new maps. Super Jump is becoming one of my favorite skills.